Treatment of fans

clough08

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Yep. I am grown up I can take the truth. Are you not grown up enough to cope? If it's FFP say it's FFP - then I'll understand. That would make sense. That's what grown ups do - they tell the truth then get on with it. Why hide the truth? Morale you say? You think today was good for morale? See Shackell. Most fans are grown up enough to cope with the truth - it's hiding what's really going on that is disrespectful and childish

I apologise for suggesting you grow up. There was no need for me to say that.

It's obviously far too late for you to accrue a measured, realistic view of proceedings. 

I Don't think the chairman should necessarily give a running weekly commentary on what is / is not going on.

I quite like him to shut the f up for a bit tbh, but by grabbing the mike at every opportunity earlier on, he is now looking less than transparent and evasive now.

He obviously doesn't want to discuss the reasons for the sacking. Thats old news now anyway.

They've made a decision re a temporary manager. Get on with it. I doubt any of them would be big enough to admit that they're making a bit of mess of it atm. We will have days like today.

shiit happens.

Everything is PCs fault remember. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I apologise for suggesting you grow up. There was no need for me to say that.

It's obviously far too late for you to accrue a measured, realistic view of proceedings. 

Apology accepted. Thanks.

Too early if anything. After today. I'll give it a try tomorrow but not optimistic

20 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Don't give me that fans cr*p. I've been a fan for 50 years - I was cheering them on at Burnley, Middlesboro, Plymouth and Carlisle etc in the seventies when I was 9 or 10. I don't need any lectures about being a fan. And yes I will still back the team. But this lot are taking the piss by making crazy decisions and failing to give any justification. Do the fans count for nothing in your eyes?

So no I don't expect them to run it past me first but when mistakes have clearly been made I expect them to be honest, tell the truth as far as possible and treat fans with respect. Like Sam Rush used to. Once.

I think that you ought to take it easy. Calm down - at your age, a sudden shock could be dangerous - fatal even.

Spoiler

Boo!!!

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

cant stand all the "we deserve to know exactly whats going on" rubbish...you don't at all, its their business they can run it how they want, you are a customer. The times where "fans paid the players wages" has long long long long gone.

So we're customers? So can we get our money back? Do we get customer service? Can we contact the Complaints Dept? I thought the customer was always right? That's how it works right?

They can run it how they want? No. It's our Club not theirs. They are temporary custodians and privileged to be so. We'll still be here when they are long gone. Like Longson, Hardy and all the other owners down the years. We have every right to know what's happening.

Well I can remember leaving Rotherham - down that little alleyway - jesus,  it was awful,  you could lift your feet up and still be moving. there were shoes, kids, handbags, allsorts down that alleyway.

Wouldn't have that nowadays. 

You have to laugh. 

When he speaks to the press, he's hounded for being too visible and when he doesn't he's hounded for being ignorant to the fans. 

It's like being told you have to flip a coin, should it land on heads you get a punch in the face and should it land on tails you get a kick in the shin. It's just which evil you prefer, I guess. 

15 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

cant stand all the "we deserve to know exactly whats going on" rubbish...you don't at all, its their business they can run it how they want, you are a customer. The times where "fans paid the players wages" has long long long long gone.

Bolleaux it's our club,always has been always will be.I was supporting this club before our owner was born (possibly) and probably after he's gone.(or bankrupt) It's part of our community,I live 3 miles away from our club.Where the feck do you live?

7 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Well I can remember leaving Rotherham - down that little alleyway - jesus,  it was awful,  you could lift your feet up and still be moving. there were shoes, kids, handbags, allsorts down that alleyway.

Yeah and getting bombarded by stones and coins from above. Sodding Rotherham

9 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Sounds like Chaddesdon or Ilkeston or Allenton.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You have to laugh. 

When he speaks to the press, he's hounded for being too visible and when he doesn't he's hounded for being ignorant to the fans. 

It's like being told you have to flip a coin, should it land on heads you get a punch in the face and should it land on tails you get a kick in the shin. It's just which evil you prefer, I guess. 

Nonsense - it's perfectly possible to communicate with fans (who mentioned Press?). Sam used to do it. It's what you say that matters and if you talk a load of gibberish about the Derby way instead of telling the truth, you're going to get flak. This is basic management and PR

5 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Bolleaux it's our club,always has been always will be.I was supporting this club before our owner was born (possibly) and probably after he's gone.(or bankrupt) It's part of our community,I live 3 miles away from our club.Where the feck do you live?

It is 2016 now you know, football has moved on, you aren't paying their wages, they aren't all walking to the ground or catching the bus, they don't all have summer jobs. The average fan is nowhere near as important to the club as a guy who runs a mobile phone business or someone who can sponsor the corner kicks. Wake up and smell the future, its here.

and why does it matter where I live...!?? Does that make me "less of a fan" because I live more than 3 miles away?? I hate all that sh1te

Just now, MuespachRam said:

and why does it matter where I live...!?? Does that make me "less of a fan" because I live more than 3 miles away?? I hate all that sh1te

No, you are a customer. We're all customers and customers are just customers. None of us are any different to someone in downtown Shanghai who bought this season's third strip because he thought it looked cool.

We're all just customers now, amirite?

Just now, Duracell said:

No, you are a customer. We're all customers and customers are just customers. None of us are any different to someone in downtown Shanghai who bought this season's third strip because he thought it looked cool.

yep totally right.

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

If you're just a customer, you'll have no problem taking your custom elsewhere. Shop around a bit for the next club to support. One that suits your image and lifestyle maybe? Maybe surf the internet to find a new club to support.

Personally I'm a lot more than a customer, I'm a supporter and if you don't get that we can never be friends.

No totally wrong.I noticed you haven't answered the question.Where you live.Thats why you talk crap,it's about community in a small area like us.DCFC is part of our community,our lives.Why do you think the players visit local schools,hospitals.community centres,etc? We are not customers,ASDA down the road have customers not fans,with DCFC it's the opposite If you don't understand that then you don't understand football.

Archived