FL Play-Offs

SaintRam

Didn't they used to have the Championship play-off final as the last final?

Haven't paid attention to the play-offs in a long time so they might have changed it ages ago. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. I'm sure it used to be a build up to the "big one" Championship playoff final on the bank holiday Monday.

I don't know when it changed but it was odd in 2010 because I was at the League 2 playoff final on Sunday May 30th but the Championship one was the previous week (Sataurday 22nd) - maybe because of the world cup?

I know they were played in ascending order last year, perhaps the change is down to the internationals tournaments as Simon says.

Either that or some disgruntled Boro and Norwich fans were gutted at not being able to get tickets for last season's showpiece so bought tickets for Preston vs Swindon and hid in the bogs overnight after it had finished? And the relevant authorities want to nip this in the bud?

On 9 March 2016 at 16:24, Wolfie said:

Yeah. I'm sure it used to be a build up to the "big one" Championship playoff final on the bank holiday Monday.

I don't know when it changed but it was odd in 2010 because I was at the League 2 playoff final on Sunday May 30th but the Championship one was the previous week (Sataurday 22nd) - maybe because of the world cup?

I think things were changed a couple of times in 2011 and 2013 because the champions league cup final was at Wembley on that weekend

On 17 March 2016 at 12:46, eddie said:

Just going to get back from Bruges in time.

2 matches in 2 days for me if we make the final, England Australia at Stadium of Lights then night out in Newcastle and catch first train in the morning around half 4 ish to London for PO final!

Archived