Do we need a manager ?

RiddingsRam

Currently the club runs the European head coach , director of football system ! Personally I think the next appointment , who ever it maybe needs to be a manager ! Who makes the final say on all footballing decisions!  From the buying and selling of players too who's good enough to be promoted through the youth systems ! Obviously he's going to need a good team around him but I think that appointment will be vital ! 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Erm yes we do hence Morris is looking for one. But the question is WHO ? 

Is he looking for a manager though ? Or is he going to appoint another head coach ? With a half hearted recruitment team ! Recruiting players on God knows what grounds !

55 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Currently the club runs the European head coach , director of football system ! Personally I think the next appointment , who ever it maybe needs to be a manager ! Who makes the final say on all footballing decisions!  From the buying and selling of players too who's good enough to be promoted through the youth systems ! Obviously he's going to need a good team around him but I think that appointment will be vital ! 

No we don't.

there is no director of football.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Is he looking for a manager though ? Or is he going to appoint another head coach ? With a half hearted recruitment team ! Recruiting players on God knows what grounds !

Don't know. Do new guy knows what is Derby Way? Probably not LOL 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

At the moment no but if you've got a head coach who's signing the players ? I know Chris Evans has now left but he was doing that sort of job !

we operate the robert maxwell system.

1 minute ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Would be an absolute joke if that happened! I was watching his first Newcastle interview and he opened with "it's been a long process to be here!" Unbelievable! Would not have him near the club again! 

It won't be him don't worry. 

If a bloke is appointed to build a successful team, then he obviously needs to be in charge of recruitment.

recruitment is even  more important than coaching.

I suppose jim smith signing the players with schteve coaching could be interpreted as either system. But you can't have an unknown like chris evans signing the players for a more senior person to coach. 

Archived