Too late in the day

BodminRam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2016 at 09:59, BodminRam said:

On here i read everybody's opinion of who should start and who not to. By this stage in the season the team should be settled and players coming in should do so only for injury or suspension reasons. the only area i see this is in defence stand fast the left back position. We seem overwhelmed in mid field even though last year we all stated we were the envy of the Championship with our squad in that position. Up front we were scoring left right and Chelsea. but our problem was conceding. surely then all we needed to do was tighten up the defence ( Shackell ) and problem solved. Some of the players we have bought, i cant really see the reason why. Butterfield to replace Hughes, yes. but why the likes of Blackman, Baird, Johnson ,Weiman were brought in i really dont understand, maybe weiman to replace Ward, but saying that , he is a striker, not a winger. In my opinion all we needed was a defender ( shackell) a mid fielder (Butterfield) and a winger ( ???)  The club would not have spent so much money and team selection a lot easier.and more consistent.

As much as i agree with most of what you say,purchasing Ince and Bent after their efforts the previous season filled me with great exitement.Carson being signed made good sense (grant has never inspired me with confidence) and has probably been our best signing.Shacks has certainly brought stability to the back four and Keogh performances have improved as  a result.

Personally thought Wienmann would have achieved better things in this leauge and has disapointed but in fairness hasnt always played in his favoured position or on a regular basis.

i like Johnson ,and believe. he is good enough to play for any team in this league ,as for other signings especially the most recent ones have they been warranted ? Have they created uncertainty within the team ,formation style of play? Possibly however the most disappointing thing for me was that more recent signings in my eyes arent improving the squad indeed arent as good as the present squad so what message does that send out to fans dressing room ect

Archived