My Way

irobinson

BBC - interview with Wassall - think this should be the song we have waited for!!!

Steering along the Derby way

Chairman Mel Morris referred to the need to play in the "Derby way" in the statement that followed Clement's sacking.

"The Derby way is simple," Wassall said.

"We want to be hard to beat and make the iPro in to a fortress, but we also want to try to play attractive football and score lots of goals. That's easier said than done.

"I will manage the team how I want to manage the team.

"I will do it my way. We are in great position. I will not try to be different to anybody else; I will just do it my way."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a results business and if pc had won a couple of the last six we would be right up there with the top two and none this would have happened.

We all want to see the academy players coming through and it will be interesting if their are say half the team  made up with them and then we go on a bad run,does this mean the coach gets the sack for not picking better players that are on the bench. Its a tricky balance for the coach to get right, on one hand keeping Mel happy with having in the team players who have come through the academy and on the other hand keeping everybody happy including Mel with results.

I would hope sometime we will see all these together Lowe, Rawson,  Hanson, Hughes, Hendrick and one or two more in the first team sqaud.

But for a coach to survive its results that count. Good luck Darren Wassell.

Archived