Nick Blackman and the left hand side...

Derbyram1

11 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Why has Ward suddenly turned into this amazing player? He was awful last season and had started to lose one of his only good attributes what was his pace.

I think awful is a bit of an exaggeration, but I have to agree he faded.

I think what is hard for anyone to debate is that he's a much better winger (and likely will be until he retires) than both Blackman and Weimann have shown for us.

I still have faith that Blackman could come good (I think he has shown good ability) but I do worry about his decision making. Weimann - though - is pretty much a write off. He's a poor footballer in every sense and it's a wonder he's played so many games in the Premier League.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Why has Ward suddenly turned into this amazing player? He was awful last season and had started to lose one of his only good attributes what was his pace.

Yes, correct. Ward was an awful player who had no attributes besides pace. That’s why he looked so bad when we played against him earlier this season.

I agree that he wasn’t amazing, but if you tell me honestly that you think Weimann and Blackman offer more than Ward then you’re either lying or completely delusional.

19 minutes ago, Anon said:

Yes, correct. Ward was an awful player who had no attributes besides pace. That’s why he looked so bad when we played against him earlier this season.

I agree that he wasn’t amazing, but if you tell me honestly that you think Weimann and Blackman offer more than Ward then you’re either lying or completely delusional.

I liked Ward and fans loved him due to his hardwork and because he played with passion, but he missed half of last season due to his little injuries and was very inconsistent.

It is too early to judge Blackman and I agree that Weimann was a poor signing. 

I'm just getting frustrated seeing players out of position. I wouldn't mind Ince being given a go down the left side. He hasn't been doing the business on the right. Defenders have got wise to him cutting in all the time. Weimann is naturally a striker, as is Blackman - let's see them up top. Or at least see Weimann given a go on the right, where he put in good performances for Villa.

6 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I liked Ward and fans loved him due to his hardwork and because he played with passion, but he missed half of last season due to his little injuries and was very inconsistent.

It is too early to judge Blackman and I agree that Weimann was a poor signing. 

Ward was/is a better option than Blackman, but that doesn't say much as Blackman is terrible.

Archived