Jonathan Mitchell keeps well against his boyhood club .

Curtains

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

From today's performance do you think he's got the potential to be our future number 1 ?

Yes, but the most people would have said that when they first saw Roos. With young goalkeepers it's very hard to tell. PZ seems to really rate him though so I'll trust his judgement over mine.

I can remember when roos played in the cup at home to Reading and was quite excited to see how he did because of all the rave reviews he'd had in the u21 s but to be fair I was quite disappointed,  he looked out of place in the first team ! That's why I wondered how Mitchell looked as a first teamer yesterday ! 

Second half he seems to be doing a lots a scampering around his box, not sure if he was panicking or what?

reminds me of Lesters goalie, in looks and kicking the ball out his hands and the running out bit.

first half he looked good, not a lot to do to be honest, but was very vocal with his much more experienced defence.

geez he had some experiance in front of him didn't he?

I thought he made a steady debut. He didn't have too many saves to make but handled surely in the first half. Got a great welcome from the Derby fans behind his goal.

He had a little wobble in the second half when Hartlepool were pressing - gave away a corner but better that than losing it to the forward.

It was quite an intimidating atmosphere for a goalkeeping debut as the nets are so close to the crowd. 

Looking forward to seeing him again in the next round.  

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Second half he seems to be doing a lots a scampering around his box, not sure if he was panicking or what?

reminds me of Lesters goalie, in looks and kicking the ball out his hands and the running out bit.

first half he looked good, not a lot to do to be honest, but was very vocal with his much more experienced defence.

geez he had some experiance in front of him didn't he?

I heard that second half he improved, once he'd found his glasses.

Archived