The Fawaz Circus 2016

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

And yet despite that it all counted for absolutely nothing.

You are still in the same division as **** old Forest and down to compete a local Derby with Burton Albion next year, despite the utterly obsene amounts of money thrown about on dross. 

Interested to see what direction you take now. Sell, or continue to chuck oodles of money at it. I would suggest probably the latter given the new manager, whoever that may be, will want to bring in his own players. 

We must be more embargoed than you lot then?

No?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MrsRam said:

Yep, it's happened again.  Am I as gutted as Wembley 2014? nowhere near.  Am I as shocked and angry as last match of the season 2015? Nope. Would I swap any of them for scraping into 17th? Not a chance.

Still, we've had a couple more matches, given you something to get excited about watching us lose, you're welcome!  We;ve got a bit more money in the pot, for the FFP men, you know, the ones that you and your owner say are 'coming for us'. Still, it'll help us pay a few bills.

Nottingham Forest have been mentioned a bit these past few weeks - on the coat tails of Leicester admittedly, for doing something similar in 1978. 1978, long time ago - nearly 40 years. Well done you.  Do you still feel it?  Still got the buzz from that?

We certainly had the buzz last night, when Johnny scored OMFG, it's on lads....from abject misery on Saturday to the pleasure of watching that game, I know, we lost, but you know what - the emotions it's given us all, you can't match, we've been through a lot this season but there's one thing, it's been eventful. I suppose yours has too, with court appearances and winding up orders, but it's not football is it, not raw emotion like we felt last night. I wouldn't swap my club for yours in a million years.

So yeah, it's happened again - but what a fookin ride. COYR.

Didn't you know?, it still is 1978 in Notts

7 hours ago, SaintRam said:

It entertained. That's all this sport is. No football actually counts for anything. 

I'll never cease to be confused by people who are adamant it really matters.

When putting it like that it makes me cringe when I get heated about it 

"watch it, its gonna MOVE!!".. love it 

9 hours ago, stoners said:

I think you've missed the point

You missed the play-offs, top half finish and credibility leagues, so shhh get in your DeLorean.  Better still tweet Fawaz, 'Flux Capacitor', he will probably try and get him in on loan if you get out of embargo.

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

You missed the play-offs, top half finish and credibility leagues, so shhh get in your DeLorean.  Better still tweet Fawaz, 'Flux Capacitor', he will probably try and get him in on loan if you get out of embargo.

Hmmm.

Andy Reid diving.....

"One point twennyone bellyflops!!!!"

6 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Don't need to be out of embargo in order to have loans

better brush up them rules

Sith Happens
17 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

And yet despite that it all counted for absolutely nothing.

You are still in the same division as **** old Forest and down to compete a local Derby with Burton Albion next year, despite the utterly obsene amounts of money thrown about on dross. 

Interested to see what direction you take now. Sell, or continue to chuck oodles of money at it. I would suggest probably the latter given the new manager, whoever that may be, will want to bring in his own players. 

Not really counted for nothing, even if you dont go up its better to finish 5th than 16th. Yes we underperformed but considering the 'oodles' of cash forest have spent over the years i would say you underperformed more. Forest fans have funny memories, they can recall the 70's with ease yet when it comes to spending can only recall the past 12 months.

It is still better to see your team win more than you lose.

Whatever Mel decides to do he wont put is in danger of FFP so there probably will be some sales as well as buys. In fairness the biggest appointment for us will be the manager, the squad isnt in need of a major overhaul.

20 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Knew you would fall for that, shooting fish in a barrel.

Maybe you should be in charge of your shambles.

It a very clever way of distracting the fact your general knowledge and current affairs is on a par with that of traffic light. 

13 hours ago, shepshedram said:

Just a suggestion..crawl back to LTLF and tell your 'mates' how clever you are at winding up poor old Derby fans...I'm sure they'll be impressed

No thanks, I've been around a while now (alot longer than you it seems) having reasonable debate (and the odd troll attempt, granted).

So think il stick about thanks  :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Whatever Mel decides to do he wont put is in danger of FFP so there probably will be some sales as well as buys. In fairness the biggest appointment for us will be the manager, the squad isnt in need of a major overhaul.

Really? I remember reading rumours he couldn't get a new manager in after sacking Clemence because that would have tipped you over the limit.. 

Big summer for forest.

How many assets will want to leave for pastures new? Especially if the embargo remains?

Let's face it, if the city ground could move it would try to end itself in the trent.

I'm sure a top manager could turn things around. However can forest attract one?

44 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Really? I remember reading rumours he couldn't get a new manager in after sacking Clemence because that would have tipped you over the limit.. 

Yet somehow could spend a million quid on football consultant 'arry.

It is possible that Chairman Mel thought Wassall the man for the job.

35 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yet somehow could spend a million quid on football consultant 'arry.

It is possible that Chairman Mel thought Wassall the man for the job.

Well regardless did a reasonable job getting you to the playoffs. Big change for both clubs afoot I imagine. 

Archived