key to winning tommrow

B4ev6is

I think for me tom ince has to start but play him as the main strike with maybe chris martin just behind him. So he can maybe playing on the flick ons and maybe playing one twos to each. Maybe this will give boro something else to think about. I think tommrow the key will be midfield battle of which we must win to get the upper hand on them,  does he go with geouge thorn and brady johnson or jeff hindrick or butterfield. I think outwide I would go with jonny russle and weimen. If jason shackall is not fit for tommrow we have ryan shotton or alex peace who can play there but after leeds performance my vote would be for shattion easy choice for me. I think this week the goal keeping coach but working on lee grant catching from high position like from corners or from free kicks so what happened on tuesday against leeds does not happen again.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we try and do what we did against hull away ! ( sit back and counter ) we will get eaten alive because boro are the king's of that ! Didn't they beat someone earlier in the season with 26% possesion ! Let's play our way try and dominate the ball and play to our strengths , into Martins feet and get people in and around him ! 

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Okay I spelt his name with a I so sorry I thought it had one in.

Its ok...i like your name. 

It suits him.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

If jasion shackall can not play who would you pick.

Hopefully shackell will play and will last 90 mins

but if not.......then Pearce, otherwise it makes no sense to have ever signed him.

Shotton follows the ball, and gets drawn out of position.

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think for me tom ince has to start but play him as the main strike with maybe chris martin just behind him. So he can maybe playing on the flick ons and maybe playing one twos to each. Maybe this will give boro something else to think about. I think tommrow the key will be midfield battle of which we must win to get the upper hand on them,  does he go with geouge thorn and brady johnson or jeff hindrick or butterfield. I think outwide I would go with jonny russle and weimen. If jason shackall is not fit for tommrow we have ryan shotton or alex peace who can play there but after leeds performance my vote would be for shattion easy choice for me. I think this week the goal keeping coach but working on lee grant catching from high position like from corners or from free kicks so what happened on tuesday against leeds does not happen again.

Hope PC reads this!:thumbsup:

It was interesting to see how Brighton played v Wolves.

they pushed Bruno up from right back to be an extra attacker and used Stephens to cover him.

if we played Ince wide left and let Ince drift central when we have possession then maybe Russell could go right and Johnson left?

Keep butterfield and thorne central because it will be one of their passes that unlocks the defence.

Maybe george needs to push up more when we attack. 

Er.

Othewise its the punching and kicking tactics?

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

If we try and do what we did against hull away ! ( sit back and counter ) we will get eaten alive because boro are the king's of that ! Didn't they beat someone earlier in the season with 26% possesion ! Let's play our way try and dominate the ball and play to our strengths , into Martins feet and get people in and around him ! 

If Boro are the "kings" of siting back and countering isn't that exactly what we should do (sit back & counter) thus forcing them, the home team, to come at us? If we go at them aren't we playing into their hands?

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If Boro are the "kings" of siting back and countering isn't that exactly what we should do (sit back & counter) thus forcing them, the home team, to come at us? If we go at them aren't we playing into their hands?

Unfortunately we're not really a counter attacking team.

clement used an interesting word in an interview the other day - "overload" .

We rely on possession.

We move the ball about and move players about until we overload the opposition 3 v 2, 4 v 3  etc 

Its slow cooking rather than fast food if you know what i mean.

Archived