Will Hughes back in training in jan

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Obviously I rate Will Hughes highly, but I can't see where he'd come back in.

He's very much the link-up man between defence and attack, but I'd say Butterfield is equally capable of doing such a job and he offers more in terms of a goal threat.

I feel a Thorne-Butterfield-Hughes midfield would just get bullied. Moreover, it lacks runners. 

Dropping Butterfield for Hughes I think would do us harm from a goal coring perspective. Dropping Johnson for Hughes and we'll miss that physicality in the middle. 

Dilemma.

Hughes of last season I would have agreed with you that we would have got bullied but having seen him myself since the injury and the words of himself he is a bit bulkier and looks physically stronger. Obviously has been working on the weights.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

WILL Hughes continues to make good progress from a serious knee injury but no date has been set for the Derby County midfielder to return to action.

Hughes suffered cruciate ligament damage in the opening fixture of the season at Bolton Wanderers in August.

He was ruled out for six months although this type of injury usually sees a player sidelined for seven to eight months.

"We hope to see Will playing some football before the end of the season," said head coach Paul Clement.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Hughes-making-good-progress-date-set/story-28646837-detail/story.html#ixzz3yvQvGNXL 
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

Just now, AnimalisaRam said:

There's an extra line:

"At the moment he is doing one-on-one rehab work."

Oh thanks, yeah the links to other articles came just before that line. You know, because the DET website is ********.

Archived