The Stone Roses

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, twinkletoes said:

saw them at heaton park they didnt dissapoint time to don the flares and a kangol hat soon then :)

I was there also! First or second night? 

Some Scottish Sun journalist has tweeted that they're doing two nights at the ethiad! And he's verified so fingers crossed!! Would love some new music from them

I'll believe it when I see it, I do and I don't want to hear new stuff from them. They're the only band I listen to every other day, get you going whatever mood you're in...

I was lucky enough to see them at Parr Hall, completely lost it when I got inside, had every emotion going haha

1 hour ago, PrivateDerby said:

I'll believe it when I see it, I do and I don't want to hear new stuff from them. They're the only band I listen to every other day, get you going whatever mood you're in...

I was lucky enough to see them at Parr Hall, completely lost it when I got inside, had every emotion going haha

Lucky sod! That gig looked brilliant on Shane Medows documentary 

Apparently the announcement is at 9am... But don't hold me to it! 

Saw them at Trent Poly before the first album came out. Great atmosphere but Ian Brown's singing was atrocious

That Shane Meadows documentary was awful! The live bits were OK, but the 40 minutes of interviewing people in a queue was like an elongated nightmare segment from Central News

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it'll just be a John Squires guitarwankathon, like the Second Coming was. But nevertheless, I'll be all over it.

I quite liked the Second Coming, obviously not as good as the first album, but still a good album despite Squires fretwankery.

15 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Agreed... I wouldn't want a legacy ruined. Would much prefer a final tour, but wouldn't begrudge both! 

Yes a final tour would be a better option. People will compare a third album to the first, it won't get any credit even if it's actually good. I actually like Ian Brown's solo stuff, but if they did something similar they would get crucified. 

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I quite liked the Second Coming, obviously not as good as the first album, but still a good album despite Squires fretwankery.

Yes a final tour would be a better option. People will compare a third album to the first, it won't get any credit even if it's actually good. I actually like Ian Brown's solo stuff, but if they did something similar they would get crucified. 

Yeah, also very much enjoyed Brown's solo stuff, but looking around it does seem new music is coming. I remember back when they finished their worldwide tour, when Mani was asked about a new album he said something like "2015 man, 2015", so I'm guessing he wasn't lying!

Archived