How good are those double mains sockets with 2 USB charger points

Curtains

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't think of any device I charge up via USB that hasn't got it's own plug to put the USB in. I guess it free's up a plug socket but I've got plenty of extension leads anyhow. 

Just like the idea to be honest and I think it's the way to go as you don't have to fiddle about with mains plug type charging devices etc. 

It is the way forward, guessing all new house builds will be installing them, can't see myself rushing out to change the sockets around the house now

Your right but the concept is great for new builds. 

missus sez we should get one , less than a tenner on Ebay

they do look tidy tho ..

I was just thinking really you only need to change 1 double socket really for charging purposes. 

Just like the idea to be honest and I think it's the way to go as you don't have to fiddle about with mains plug type charging devices etc. 

I'm with ya curtains,  1st advert in ages where I've thought, I want one.

Shouldn't be difficult to retro-fit , tho Boycie will probably say different..

Your right but the concept is great for new builds. 

I was just thinking really you only need to change 1 double socket really for charging purposes. 

that's what we'd do , wouldn't need to do 'em all

Almost all USB ports use 5V. A typical USB charger is 900mA but I wasn't sure if having a direct connection into the mains affected this. Most PCs have 500mA USB ports whereas fast charging ports are up to 1500mA.

Won't it just be a transformer which is basically all you need.  

Converts to 5 volts 2Amps 

Archived