Gary O'Neil

i-Ram

Premier League footballer Gary O'Neil is facing trial after allegedly being caught driving at 103mph in Suffolk. 

Magistrates in Ipswich heard the Norwich City player reached the speed at the wheel of a BMW 7 Series on the A14 at Newmarket in March, the East Anglian Daily Times first reported.

The 32-year-old midfielder also faces a charge of driving at 97mph on the A11 at Wymondham in Norfolk in February.

Norwich City Football Club made no comment. 

Both roads have a speed limit of 70mph.

A court spokesman told the BBC that magistrates were provided with a list of dates when Norwich were playing and both separate cases were adjourned until December. 

Mr O'Neil, from Kent, has previously played for West Ham United, Portsmouth and Queens Park Rangers.

He was not present at the hearing.

If  was up to me, I would lock the **** up and throw away the key. Not that I am bitter of course.

Note: I would be recommending hanging if it weren't for the fact that I am pretty sure Johnny would have put the ball wide anyway :lol:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found this one real easy way to avoid speeding fines........

I never find your posts a real RadioactiveWaste of time.You must have spent a half life thinking some of your best ones though.I am expecting some serious fallout after posting this.:D

Archived