Open Training Session Planned At The iPro

Day

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went and enjoyed it. It obviously wasn't a full blown training session and apart from the warm up and stretches it seemed to be focussed on passing and movement.

Plenty of drills to start with and then a couple of games on different sized pitches with different sized goals. The keepers trained seperately until the final game in the full sized goals where Carson and Grant joined in. Phillips looked as fit as a fiddle and worked as hard as any of the players. They also did short interviews with the coaching staff and Clement thank the fans for turning up and for their support so far this season.

I went and enjoyed it. It obviously wasn't a full blown training session and apart from the warm up and stretches it seemed to be focussed on passing and movement.

Plenty of drills to start with and then a couple of games on different sized pitches with different sized goals. The keepers trained seperately until the final game in the full sized goals where Carson and Grant joined in. Phillips looked as fit as a fiddle and worked as hard as any of the players. They also did short interviews with the coaching staff and Clement thank the fans for turning up and for their support so far this season.

the Four goals game looked terrific....

What made me laugh is when my kids managers tell the lads to leave footballs alone I between drills... The same seems to apply to Pro Footballers! Can't help banging one in the net!

That was a full blown training session for a Tuesday after playing on a Saturday. 

My lad really enjoyed it, from the sounds of it the players were very generous with their time afterwards too, giving the kids loads of photo ops and such like.

Well done DCFC, events like this really help connect the club with the fans, the younger ones in particular. 

Anyone who thinks that Kevin Phillips could not come on for the last fifteen minutes and score a goal was not at the training today. He looped a header 8 feet in the air and it dropped in just below the bar. Hilarious. A fantastic PR exercise. I told Mel that he was once in my classroom but he did not flash me a scarf. If anyone wants to flog me a Mel scarf just let me know.

Archived