Forum Issue with Quoted content

Martyn

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange, I can see that one and the following one by HantsRam - can you the one on the first post on that page by Dimmu? - http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/20248-steve-mclaren-and-jamie-ward/?do=findComment&comment=892925

All I see is the quote.

There is no post there, that's Dimmu being an amateur poster. If you scroll down can you see the one by Anon and can you see this?

What's happening is the forum has an auto save feature so if you navigate away from the page and go back the contents of the editor will still be there. Some people change their mind about quoting that person and either a) Just submit the post to get rid of it b) Empty the quote box and type their post in the quote box or c) Apologise to the person and say they didn't mean to quote them it's the stupid forums fault.

You would think most would be aware of the delete button by now but appears not :) 

wp_ss_20150926_0001.thumb.png.b250737562its happened on Mossys prediction league table thread too. I know Mossy typed a message after quoting me - its in my quote below it- and I typed a message after that quote too.

i've just looked in on 'Bilbo's love clinic' and most of his cures have disappeared .

Can you remedy this , please ?

Fixed now

I have been having a similar intermittent problem when using my Windows phone. Sometimes the quote shows up but the magnificent witticism I have entered gets lost in the ether. On other occasions I cannot quote at all - instead I receive a popup which says something like "Field must be entered".

I have been having a similar intermittent problem when using my Windows phone. Sometimes the quote shows up but the magnificent witticism I have entered gets lost in the ether. On other occasions I cannot quote at all - instead I receive a popup which says something like "Field must be entered".

Not much I can do about Windows phones, the developers don't think they exist, they had to buy an iPad recently just to fix the issues I was reporting! Unbelievable I know.

The editor has been revamped amongst other things and new version is round the corner with a Beta due to be released this week, it's live on the support forum now actually.

Once it's available I will install on a test site and let you all in to have a play, any problems report them back to me and I'll pass on.

Just being technically nosey - what was up?

First of all sorry for totally misunderstanding you the other day, what I said is still true about the quotes, they've been a pain in the arse.

In short I don't actually know, the support sorted it out.

Long story...

I noticed a while back all the old quotes prior to this new upgrade were missing, just lines of text with no quote box and looked confusing, just left it as I thought they are old and more trouble than it's worth trying to fix them. The other day on the support forum someone else reported the same issue and was told to submit a support ticket so I whacked one in as well.

They sorted them, kind of, and told me it was all fixed, didn't notice any issues myself until more people said in this thread, alcohol free I could see the issue as well as I also saw broken links. 

Last night I had to re upload a backup before the fix they did, they created some conversion script, had to create a new database with just the forum posts table from the dates between the upgrade and fix and did their magic. 

Don't try any fixes myself anymore, the thing is so flakey I dare not touch it. New version looks better, but seen plenty of errors thrown up on the support forum it's worrying me to be honest but not a lot I can do. Looked at other forum options, the one I like the most doesn't support imports from this yet, would be converting to another and then to it. Plus they don't have a live chatroom either so that would be gone. Sure in time they will sort this....hopefully.

Not much I can do about Windows phones, the developers don't think they exist, they had to buy an iPad recently just to fix the issues I was reporting! Unbelievable I know.

The editor has been revamped amongst other things and new version is round the corner with a Beta due to be released this week, it's live on the support forum now actually.

Once it's available I will install on a test site and let you all in to have a play, any problems report them back to me and I'll pass on.

Cheers mate. To tell the truth, I only use the phone on here when the Memsahib's shopping, and I'm sitting in the car waiting for her.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I'm finding a problem quoting posts with pictures in them. My quote starts as a continuation of the quoted post.

Not sure I understand? Are you saying images don't show in quotes, just the text?

9 minutes ago, Daveo said:
9 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Not sure I understand? Are you saying images don't show in quotes, just the text?

Not sure I understand? Are you saying images don't show in quotes, just the text? ?hat?hahw si ?ere?ereh

That's an example of what I mean. Also everything crashes.

How did that quote happen? That should be a stand alone post.

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

That's an example of what I mean. Also everything crashes.

I'm still non the wiser what you're doing, tell me exactly what you are trying to do and what's happening.

P.S the last icon on the editor clears everything if you want to start over

When i try to quote someone's post my quote starts at the in the post i'm quoting and it comes out gobble di guck. Like when i tried to quote your post above. I try to get my cursor in the right place to quote under the post but it defaults back into the post I'm trying to quote. It only happens on this shitty tablet. It seems ok on my phone.

Archived