Very encouraged we seem to be Strenghening this window

Curtains

You mean the first McClaren season .

Thorne and Wisdom  Dawkins,and Whitbread and Keane ,Cisse and Bamford were added if my memory serves me right and we finished 3rd but ultimately failed at Wembley  

McClaren had added to Cloughs team which had good players already but the additions made a massive difference  

Coaching did play its part  though of course it did  

The following McClaren season we lost Bamdord and Wisdom and added Ibe ,Lingard ,Christie ,Warnock ,Ince ,Mascarell ,Calero ,Best,Bent , and Raul Albentosa. etc but imploded at the end of the season and finished 8th  

Summing  up coaching is a big part of a teams performance but you need quality players in the right areas and strength in depth for a promotion push  

The second batch you listed there barely added anything. Bamford wasn't even a starter a lot of the time, Whitbread barely played, Keane? You could forget he ever played here, Cisse had nothing to do with anything and Dawkins did OK. Wisdom is the only one that had a big influence. Bamford got some key goals but outside of that did OK.

You've completely proved my point with that list of players, they came in but we did no better at all. We'd have been just as good playing u21s half the time. Why did we implode? Oh yes the coach had his head turned, started misusing players and everyone lost confidence in him. Shocker.

Look at this way, all the teams that finish top 2 have been very lucky with injuries the last few seasons. Burnley managed to go the whole season with that tiny squad and went up. We have more depth than most clubs yet keep failing, now tell me how do you reason we need stacks of players when the first choice 11 can't even get a win?

Think about it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second batch you listed there barely added anything. Bamford wasn't even a starter a lot of the time, Whitbread barely played, Keane? You could forget he ever played here, Cisse had nothing to do with anything and Dawkins did OK. Wisdom is the only one that had a big influence. Bamford got some key goals but outside of that did OK.

You've completely proved my point with that list of players, they came in but we did no better at all. We'd have been just as good playing u21s half the time. Why did we implode? Oh yes the coach had his head turned, started misusing players and everyone lost confidence in him. Shocker.

Look at this way, all the teams that finish top 2 have been very lucky with injuries the last few seasons. Burnley managed to go the whole season with that tiny squad and went up. We have more depth than most clubs yet keep failing, now tell me how do you reason we need stacks of players when the first choice 11 can't even get a win?

Think about it.

I don't need to think about it. 

2 players a CF and a Creative midfielder.  

U21s which ones would you have used .

Dont forget we only needed to draw against Reading last game of last season to get playoffs again and you would of played the U21s.

It was expected we would beat Reading but we didn't why. And please don't say injuries because we had less then than we do now. 

If I were Sam Rush I wouldn't give Clement dollar one until he started showing me he was getting the best out of our current squad of players 

Sam Rush has not got the power to say anything it's the owners who have the money. 

Ruddington are you a Forest fan. 

Sam Rush has not got the power to say anything it's the owners who have the money. 

Ruddington are you a Forest fan. 

The owners then, either way he hasn't demonstrated that he's getting the best out of the current players. 

Nope sorry to disappoint, strangely enough there will be a smattering of Forest Fans living in Derby, not all Derby supporters live within a 2 mile radius of Pride Park 

carson

baird shackell Keogh forsyth

thorne

Bryson butterfield

weimann to play alongside  martin russell or ince id probably go with russell

that team WILL win this league

16/1 will look a silly price with the bookies come the end of the season

The owners then, either way he hasn't demonstrated that he's getting the best out of the current players. 

Nope sorry to disappoint, strangely enough there will be a smattering of Forest Fans living in Derby, not all Derby supporters live within a 2 mile radius of Pride Park 

Not yet 

carson

baird shackell Keogh forsyth

thorne

Hendrick butterfield

weimann to play alongside  martin russell or ince id probably go with russell

that team WILL win this league

16/1 will look a silly price with the bookies come the end of the season

Fixed.

I don't need to think about it. 

2 players a CF and a Creative midfielder.  

U21s which ones would you have used .

Dont forget we only needed to draw against Reading last game of last season to get playoffs again and you would of played the U21s.

It was expected we would beat Reading but we didn't why. And please don't say injuries because we had less then than we do now. 

It had **** all to do with the quality of the players we fielded so I have no idea what your point is. You're more proving my point than yours.

your team wont ha ha , cant win a game with hendrick I suspect bryso will go straight back in starting 11

Sorry he cannot go straight in the team not a chance. Bench at the very best tbh.

you are the one doing that , you are actually clueless

Hahaha erm you're the 1 favour your own (ahead of other player) so I'm being realistic.

if Butterfield joins don't think Bryson will get straight back in.

Thorne Hendrick Butterfield as the three on midfield, with Ince Russell and martin as the forward three. Decent strength as well with Bryson and Hanson as back ups.

Good post!

Archived