Relegation Battle

Peter Pedant

Too many doom mongers on here.... ffs we r 5 down 41 to go.... have a bit of faith man.... like ice said previously..... Under smith we were in dire straints in Nov and look wat happened..... give him till xmas ffs at the very least..... but this bringin shotton on 4 games out of 5 does disturb me 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess by the inept performances demonstrated so far, we are now in a relegation battle. Perhaps we are this years Wigan? Discuss.

Embarrassing thread! 

Whatever happened to all the fans who used to go on about how great it was that we had stability by sticking by clough for so long. People used to mock forest for chopping and changing manager yet 5 games in there are already fans questioning the position of the manager. Lets give it a little time. If in 10 games time nothing gets better then its time to really start worrying. But at the moment we are not playing as badly as some people make out we are, we have been unlucky with injuries and goals conceded ( Charlton deflection, brum deflection, boro broke to the striker). In attack we need to improve or become more consistent, like the first 20 mins of the second half against leeds, it needs to be like that for larger parts of the games we play.

Defensively I think we look solid, keogh has been our best player thus far this season, forysth, carson and shackell look solid. Leeds first goal is the only suspect goal we have conceded and that was because the players lost concentration because it wasn't a corner. Hopefully if we tinker with a few things in attack, mainly movement for me we will start to get better results.

Whatever happened to all the fans who used to go on about how great it was that we had stability by sticking by clough for so long. People used to mock forest for chopping and changing manager yet 5 games in there are already fans questioning the position of the manager. Lets give it a little time. If in 10 games time nothing gets better then its time to really start worrying. But at the moment we are not playing as badly as some people make out we are, we have been unlucky with injuries and goals conceded ( Charlton deflection, brum deflection, boro broke to the striker). In attack we need to improve or become more consistent, like the first 20 mins of the second half against leeds, it needs to be like that for larger parts of the games we play.

Defensively I think we look solid, keogh has been our best player thus far this season, forysth, carson and shackell look solid. Leeds first goal is the only suspect goal we have conceded and that was because the players lost concentration because it wasn't a corner. Hopefully if we tinker with a few things in attack, mainly movement for me we will start to get better results.

check out Leeds' first goal, and watch Forsyth amble into a crowd of Derby defenders leaving the back post unguarded. I'm not sure that some of our defenders at least know what they are doing. Keogh and Shackell have been mostly very good. Baird has offered little as an attacking fullback so far.

Our midfield has not controlled the park, and service and quality balls in have been lacking. Ince is not helped by the lack of support on the right wing, and tends to drift in, and we have no one running past Martin like at our peak. Martin is often crowded out by defenders as they seem to follow him upfield now and not stick to their defensive line which used to give him the space. I guess they can do that now as we have no midfielders running behind Martin.

Football can be simple, but we are not doing either the obvious or the simple well. If this is not corrected very soon, it becomes a downward spiral. Right from the start we were strengthening everywhere except midfield. It is unacceptable.

check out Leeds' first goal, and watch Forsyth amble into a crowd of Derby defenders leaving the back post unguarded. I'm not sure that some of our defenders at least know what they are doing. Keogh and Shackell have been mostly very good. Baird has offered little as an attacking fullback so far.

Our midfield has not controlled the park, and service and quality balls in have been lacking. Ince is not helped by the lack of support on the right wing, and tends to drift in, and we have no one running past Martin like at our peak. Martin is often crowded out by defenders as they seem to follow him upfield now and not stick to their defensive line which used to give him the space. I guess they can do that now as we have no midfielders running behind Martin.

Football can be simple, but we are not doing either the obvious or the simple well. If this is not corrected very soon, it becomes a downward spiral. Right from the start we were strengthening everywhere except midfield. It is unacceptable.

Please start your post with a capital letter in future, pedant my fanny.

It might be unthinkable to suggest we will be in a relegation battle but other than a 'good 10 minutes' here or there has anyone seen anything to suggest we'll be at the 'right' end of the table? 

I haven't a clue where we'll finish but I've not been happy with the performances to date. A lot of that falls on the players' lack of cutting edge in the final third but we can't ignore that these are the same players scoring for fun under the previous regime... 

Hopefully things pick up but the performances have not been as expected. I will always pay for my season ticket and support my team through whatever but christ its boring watching our CB's play piggy in the middle.

Watching Shackell and Keogh with the ball attacking the opposition is soul destroying.

Why is our major coup bent on the bench how can he score from there.

We must have a good team for a 2 million plus player in Weiman on the bench.

strange thing our start has been poor.

Lets go back to the midfield and full backs attacking the opposition,and let Shackell and Keogh defend

Archived