Sean Dyche "Derby and Boro have taken their spending to a whole new level"

alanmarklewis

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Gray is worth 9 million, how much was Ings worth?

it's now 100% official, Shaun Dyche likes double standards and judging by the redness to his face, a double whiskey also.

Have you managed to push any of the fee into add ons like appearance/promotion bonuses etc...?

If you do manage to get three points tomorrow please tell us how. We're having a little trouble with that so far.

Led to believe it's £6 million upfront with promotion add ons and a sell on clause. I think they'll be justifying the expenditure as a direct replacement for Ings (thought that was Vossen originally). My big concern with that is the tribunal isn't guaranteed to go the way we hope/expect, can see us getting under £2 million which would make promotion vital.

We did get three points so apparently all you need to do is buy Antenucci off Leeds the day before your game...

Still even if you were to assume £9 million this transfer would take us to a net spend of roughly £8 million. I believe that's roughly similar to yours if not slightly less? Don't want to commit to that because, as pointed out, need to be bang on.

Welcome back dude!

It's difficult to say on spends etc... Since we're working to £9m quoted spend for Gray... But also all of our fees have been "Undisclosed" technically too... So we're not sure what the actual amounts involved are for any of those either!

It's fair to assume that we've spent more money this transfer window than we have previously BUT we're almost certainly not the biggest spenders in the league... 

I would still like Mr Dyche to apologise to us for his comments around the Shackell transfer though... Having a pop at us for 'big spending' then coming out and saying he 'doesn't talk about other clubs' and spending big himself!

Welcome back dude!

It's difficult to say on spends etc... Since we're working to £9m quoted spend for Gray... But also all of our fees have been "Undisclosed" technically too... So we're not sure what the actual amounts involved are for any of those either!

It's fair to assume that we've spent more money this transfer window than we have previously BUT we're almost certainly not the biggest spenders in the league... 

I would still like Mr Dyche to apologise to us for his comments around the Shackell transfer though... Having a pop at us for 'big spending' then coming out and saying he 'doesn't talk about other clubs' and spending big himself!

Luton have come out and published what they'll receive from the sell on clause so we can work out pretty much exactly what the Andre Gray deal has cost Burnley.  Somewhere in the region of £6.2 million guaranteed (£1.7m upfront, £2.25m next year and the year after).  Then £1.75 million promotion add on and a further £1.75 million if we avoid relegation from the top flight*

*This is assuming if the promotion and survival add ons are equal and over two years, all that has been released is “a successful Premier League spell” would result in a further £700k to Luton so this could be over three years or include top flight goal add ons for example – since there’s no mention of any sell on which apparently Brentford have this could also be included in this figure.  The only thing we can be certain of is the guaranteed figure which is roughly £6.2 million.

I'm not sure that Dyche owes an apology, I mean to summarise the statements I’ve seen they’ve followed this path.

Derby offered a bigger financial package to Shackell than we could – true (could be wage is similar but signing fee was higher before we open that old arguement)

Derby (wages), Boro (fees & wages) & others are spending big and inflating the market – arguably true

Shortly after he said that was up to the clubs what they spend, he wasn’t saying they’d done anything wrong and the market is what it is so we either operate in that market or we don't - true

The “don’t talk about other clubs” I thought was in regards to speaking about other clubs players we’re trying to sign and was around the Lansbury saga.  Fawaz and Freedman were blabbing left, right and centre about it whilst all the official channels at our club never admitted we were even interested.

I could be wrong (or biased, obviously) so feel free to show me quotes that contradict my summary.  Obviously, we've potentially inflated the market (in terms of transfer fees) in this window with the Gray signing but we're not offended by that suggestion

Luton have come out and published what they'll receive from the sell on clause so we can work out pretty much exactly what the Andre Gray deal has cost Burnley.  Somewhere in the region of £6.2 million guaranteed (£1.7m upfront, £2.25m next year and the year after).  Then £1.75 million promotion add on and a further £1.75 million if we avoid relegation from the top flight*

It's based heavily on assumption but okay...

Derby (wages), Boro (fees & wages) & others are spending big and inflating the market – arguably true

We were bottom 4 in the Championship 2 years ago for wage bill... I doubt we've jumped to being way above everyone else... Obviously signing bonus will be a thing for Shackell and chances are we probably offered him a longer deal...

I would imagine with the promotion increase in wages the wage bill at Burnley is decent? 

The “don’t talk about other clubs” I thought was in regards to speaking about other clubs players we’re trying to sign and was around the Lansbury saga.  Fawaz and Freedman were blabbing left, right and centre about it whilst all the official channels at our club never admitted we were even interested.

He WAS talking about clubs he was 'potentially' targeting players from... But it was a very sweeping statement and interesting choice of words... after some VERY bold statements on the 'behaviour' he commented on about us and Boro...

Just think he comes across as a giant hypocrite and needs to admit that...

It's based heavily on assumption but okay....

Burnley have paid an undisclosed, record sum to take Gray to Turf Moor, but we are keen to inform our supporters of the income we are set to receive as part of the deal.

We are guaranteed to receive a shade over £1.1m from the fee which will be spread over three seasons; an initial figure approaching £300,000 followed by two of just over £400,000 each.

Should Andre contribute to Burnley’s success, resulting in a successful Premier League spell then we will also benefit further - to the tune of up to £700,000. 
Read more at http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article/town-reveal-andre-gray-sell-on-boost-2644256.aspx#m7CzU3oLiMY6rQcX.99

20% sell on to Luton is widely reported as is the £600k that Brentford paid to sign him originally.  From there it's simple maths, not assumption.

6,200,000 - 600,000 = 5,600,000

20% of 5,600,000 = 1,120,000 (ie. "a shade over £1.1m")

300,000 out of 1,100,000 is 27.3%

27.3% of 6,200,000 = 1,700,000 (roughly) initial fee

700,000 is 20% of 3,500,000 so that's the maximum figure the add ons can reach - what those add ons are contingent on is then open to assumption, though a safe one is that they're all based on promotion given the wording Luton use.

We were bottom 4 in the Championship 2 years ago for wage bill... I doubt we've jumped to being way above everyone else... 

Are you sure that was 2 years ago?  Accounts are published a year later so would that not be 3 years ago?  Looking at your squad then and now I'd say your wages will have increased significantly.

As will ours, BTW, I'm not denying that.  We won't see figures for a couple of years though so we can't be certain but I'm of the opinion that your highest paid players will be on more than ours - just my opinion and we've argued this one before so I doubt either of us are going to change our minds.  I've also said I don't see anything wrong with that. 

He WAS talking about clubs he was 'potentially' targeting players from... But it was a very sweeping statement and interesting choice of words... after some VERY bold statements on the 'behaviour' he commented on about us and Boro...

Just think he comes across as a giant hypocrite and needs to admit that...

Show me a quote where Dyche (or anyone from within the club for that matter) names a player, or a club we're trying to sign a player from.  I'm happy to be proved wrong but I don't think you'll find one.

We are guaranteed to receive a shade over £1.1m from the fee which will be spread over three seasons; an initial figure approaching £300,000 followed by two of just over £400,000 each.

Fine... However:

20% sell on to Luton is widely reported as is the £600k that Brentford paid to sign him originally.  

Assumption... You have no idea what the agreement was... could have been 20% or could have been 10% or 5%... could have been 20% up to £xxxx fee then flat rate after that... 'widely reported' isn't the same as solid fact...

However it's all fairly moot as it seems to be at least £9m potential total transfer fee...

Are you sure that was 2 years ago?  Accounts are published a year later so would that not be 3 years ago?  Looking at your squad then and now I'd say your wages will have increased significantly.

Yes... First season with Smacca in charge/tail end of Nigel...

Yes it will have increased... however I can't imagine that we've gone from bottom 4 wages to 'leading the market' in terms of wage bill... that's a fairly hefty jump... (although technically since we have the highest attendances in the league we can affords to spend a bit more on wages...)

Show me a quote where Dyche (or anyone from within the club for that matter) names a player, or a club we're trying to sign a player from.  I'm happy to be proved wrong but I don't think you'll find one.

I have no need to... Mr Dyche said he didn't comment on clubs... however he passed unfounded comment on us as a club... 

Neither I nor Mr Dyche specified whether the club of comment was a buying or selling club... merely that he 'didn't comment on clubs'

Rumoured to be close to signing Nolan also. 

Practice what you preach and all that...

Barton said of Burnley: “They have a financial structure that is completely different to any other club I’ve been at and that wasn’t an issue"

“When I signed for QPR I did make a financial decision. A financial deci-sion to protect myself as a professional and who has a finite time in that career.

“After that went wrong I swore I would never make a financial decision again in my life and that was the great thing about Burnley.

“The money banded about in Switzerland was tax free, a longer contract and playing in the Europa League. It was financially the best deal out there.

“But I just thought I had made that decision once and I am not doing that again.

“I have had to go in to Burnley and tie in and buy in to their wage structure. I just want to be a part of it.”

Barton said of Burnley: “They have a financial structure that is completely different to any other club I’ve been at and that wasn’t an issue"

“When I signed for QPR I did make a financial decision. A financial deci-sion to protect myself as a professional and who has a finite time in that career.

“After that went wrong I swore I would never make a financial decision again in my life and that was the great thing about Burnley.

“The money banded about in Switzerland was tax free, a longer contract and playing in the Europa League. It was financially the best deal out there.

“But I just thought I had made that decision once and I am not doing that again.

“I have had to go in to Burnley and tie in and buy in to their wage structure. I just want to be a part of it.”

buying into a wage structure doesn't mean he's not a on a high wage. I never said he was on 40k a week

Archived