Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

9 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Barce going out means it might be a Bayern v Man City final :D oh please let it happen please... imagine Pep beating them in the final and having to go in and be their boss after.. 

Imagine if it was the other way around. Even funnier. '****, we've just got rid of this guy, to replace him with the other guy, but this guy just beat the other guy. My tiny Manc mind is so confused.'

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Imagine if it was the other way around. Even funnier. '****, we've just got rid of this guy, to replace him with the other guy, but this guy just beat the other guy. My tiny Manc mind is so confused.'

Either way it would be funny. 

Man City have been a little harsh on Pellegrini, and pep just bounces from one top job to another, he's had it easy at Bayern and Barce, both ready made squads that were certs to win trophy's, not so much at Man City, their defence needs an overhaul and pep might struggle at first and we've not yet seen him under pressure. 

Atletico deserved it on the night. A bad decision at the end, Barca should have had a penalty but moments before that Iniesta should have been sent off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Barca have themselves to blame. They should have shown far more urgency. Lost in in the first-half.

I like Atleti, but feel their celebrations were over the top. If they don't get Man City, they'll be knocked out in the semis by either Real Madrid or Bayern who are massive favourites.

Celebrated like they'd won the competition.

I'm all for tough tackling. But Atletico Madrid playing like hard men then rolling around on the floor after every little knock was annoying. I know it's gamesmanship, but it's frustrating time-wasting tactics.

Atletico will win it now if they keep their players fully fit. Simeone is the master at winning european ties and over two legs will destroy Zidane and Real Madrid tactically. They'd beat City quite comfortably as well because City are useless when teams show intensity against them like against Leicester at the Ethihad and Bayern will play the same way that Barca will but with less quality and control and they don't look very good at the moment. It's Atleti's to lose this year should their players stay fit

1 hour ago, sage said:

What if Spurs win?

Either way he is going to finish below both of them. This was his opportunity to win it, united in a mess, city changing managers and well off it & chelsea well off the boil

he's never been able to spot a decent defender inherited a good defence when they were good and has been lacking a striker for years but has complained about funds

probably do a lap of honour when theyre guarenteed top four   

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Either way he is going to finish below both of them. This was his opportunity to win it, united in a mess, city changing managers and well off it & chelsea well off the boil

he's never been able to spot a decent defender inherited a good defence when they were good and has been lacking a striker for years but has complained about funds

probably do a lap of honour when theyre guarenteed top four   

He needs another CDM but is obsessed with ACMs.

Having said that if they had had Leicester or Spurs lack of injuries they'd have possibIy won it.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Atletico will win it now if they keep their players fully fit. Simeone is the master at winning european ties and over two legs will destroy Zidane and Real Madrid tactically. They'd beat City quite comfortably as well because City are useless when teams show intensity against them like against Leicester at the Ethihad and Bayern will play the same way that Barca will but with less quality and control and they don't look very good at the moment. It's Atleti's to lose this year should their players stay fit

Key difference between Bayern and Barca is Bayern have pace in wide areas, while Lewandowski and Muller both have an aerial threat which Barcelona simply lack.

Bayern for me are by far the most equipped to win it, but what could let them down is their vulnerability on the counter-attack. If they play smart, they win it for me.

I want to see Madrid vs Bayern in the semis. I want to see if Pep has learned from his mistakes. Besides, it would make one hell of a two-legged tie, far better than the others.

Madrid vs Atleti will be tense, but largely boring. Man City are just average and will lose to which ever.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Key difference between Bayern and Barca is Bayern have pace in wide areas, while Lewandowski and Muller both have an aerial threat which Barcelona simply lack.

Bayern for me are by far the most equipped to win it, but what could let them down is their vulnerability on the counter-attack. If they play smart, they win it for me.

I want to see Madrid vs Bayern in the semis. I want to see if Pep has learned from his mistakes. Besides, it would make one hell of a two-legged tie, far better than the others.

Madrid vs Atleti will be tense, but largely boring. Man City are just average and will lose to which ever.

Atletico would be fine dealing with the pace in the wide areas, they always keep Bale and Ronaldo quiet when playing Madrid and Juanfran and Luis are 2 of the best full backs in the world. Reason why I say that Atletico would beat Bayern is because the Atletico players are always intense. Bayern have been awful recently and are playing at around 70% intensity and are only winning because of the quality in their team, they'd find it hard to push up a couple of gears when the going gets tough. Don't forget that Bayern are still playing the young midfielder Kimmich at centre back because they have had a lot of defensive issues. I reckon will would be like the Arsenal- Bayern game where Arsenal won 2-0 at the emirates playing counter attack.

Archived