7 minute Paul Clement interview

SaintRam

No problem mate, happy to help, even if you went to Noel Baker ;)

Lost my car keys the other day. I thought if I'd gone to Merrill I would have learned how to start the car without them 

My private education letting me down there

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost my car keys the other day. I thought if I'd gone to Merrill I would have learned how to start the car without them 

You're a Noddyite! This explains so much... ;)

If you went to Merrill you wouldn't own a car haha.

Funny thing is I actually have more friends now that went to Noel Baker than Merrill :lol: you probably know them as we were in the same year.

I learmed a lot there.

stone throwing, fence climbing, tyre slashing.

A range of skills really

When I was at Merrill, I never really understood the Noel Baker/Merrill rivalry. I knew friends and family who were Noddyites and they weren't bad people. I don't get why you would hate them just because they're nearby. They should be our friends and neighbours.

On an unrelated note, I hate Forest with a passion.

If you went to Merrill you wouldn't own a car haha.

Funny thing is I actually have more friends now that went to Noel Baker than Merrill :lol: you probably know them as we were in the same year.

See, It was the cool school.

You seen Merrill now? Looks smart. Think they've altered Noel Baker too. 

Used to get chased on Fridays when I walked to my Grandma's in Allenton. B'stards

When I was at Merrill, I never really understood the Noel Baker/Merrill rivalry. I knew friends and family who were Noddyites and they weren't bad people. I don't get why you would hate them just because they're nearby. They should be our friends and neighbours.

On an unrelated note, I hate Forest with a passion.

I'd like to see you make that presentation on Merrill way at 3:20 on a Friday in 1998

Shorter segment of the interview here? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33824002

As a totally dedicated half-fan, PC just absolutely fills me with confidence every time I see or hear him. In the short time span of the pre-season he's shown some tactical nous and coaching ability to be able to get players to adapt, and more importantly perform, in different formations. Northampton was a bit **** but did it deserve a scalding? Well he gave the players a slap and it seems to have worked wonders. The rest of the pre-season was great to see.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for a fall here but whilst my expectations are high, my heart and my head just keep on telling me we are going up as champions, by a decent margin too. Smoking Robbie van der Laan's cigars by Christmas.

September 1st 2015: BCO!!!!!

Something I'm actually quite annoyed about is the number of news websites etc. using this interview to run with the headline Paul Clement: "Carlo Ancelotti will advise me at Derby County" or similar. "Ancelotti a phone call away" is what the BBC use. While those headlines are true in a very broad sense they're being used to imply Clement has a lack of confidence in his own ability.

Something I'm actually quite annoyed about is the number of news websites etc. using this interview to run with the headline Paul Clement: "Carlo Ancelotti will advise me at Derby County" or similar. "Ancelotti a phone call away" is what the BBC use. While those headlines are true in a very broad sense they're being used to imply Clement has a lack of confidence in his own ability.

True that. A bit of feedback is fine, it's what managers talk about amongst each other but Clement knows exactly what he's doing. Seems a bit like they're making him out to be a rank amateur or a complete apprentice.

See, It was the cool school.

You seen Merrill now? Looks smart. Think they've altered Noel Baker too. 

Used to get chased on Fridays when I walked to my Grandma's in Allenton. B'stards

Yeah, it is weird driving around there with it flattened, last time I went past lower was the football and rugby pitches and upper was a building site. I went to Moorhead next to were Merrill is now and that has changed as well.

The only trouble I had on the canal path was when I was at upper and little knobs from lower thought they could take me on, until I got off my bike, soon scarpered haha

True that. A bit of feedback is fine, it's what managers talk about amongst each other but Clement knows exactly what he's doing. Seems a bit like they're making him out to be a rank amateur or a complete apprentice.

Thought about this before, Clement can't really win in terms of reputation this season. If we go up, it was because Ancelotti helped him and because we bought the league. If we don't go up, he'll be perceived to have failed because of how much we spent.

It's completely unfair but that's the media for you.

Archived