Gaming

SaintRam

Played COD4 for a couple of years when it was around. Lost interest in the series shortly after because every game was the same, reskinned, and with a couple of added features that made it worse. 

I'll leave my happy memories of COD4 intact and not let them ruin it with the awful model that they've developed on the back of its original success.

finally hit level 30 in the division, took forever... guess it's my own fault for not targeting the side missions more. I kept doing encounters and redoing mission levels on harder difficulty etc, when the XP gains weren't as good as completing the side missions.

9 hours ago, David said:

Leicester in FIFA 17 will be interesting, you can't start making them a 5 star team with Wes Morgan a 80. Wouldn't be suprised to see Vardy make the front cover tho 

lol I was just thinking the other day how Leicester should be on the cover of fifa. Surely they deserve it after what they did. 

Battlefield 1 does look solid, to be honest. Been disappointed with every BF since BF2 though, so won't get too excited. As far as WW1/WW2 games go, I like the style of Red Orchestra. Hyper-realistic, tense, brutal and generally hard to play. 

If they tone the gameplay style away from where it's been headed recently (CoD on big maps) back towards what it was like in BF2, this could be a genuinely brilliant game. If I don't feel nervous almost the whole time I'm playing a WW1/WW2 game, it's not been made correctly, imo :lol:

On another note, been playing a ton of Overwatch over the weekend. Absolutely love it. Stackin' Play Of The Game highlights :cool:

I must be the only person to have watched the Battlefield trailer and thought meh.

Will still be a hiking simulator running the rock gauntlet hiding snipers with clunky controls unless you get a horse now instead of a buggy at spawn.

Think people are getting over excited as a backlash to COD with it being a boots on ground game. 

Just now, David said:

I must be the only person to have watched the Battlefield trailer and thought meh.

Will still be a hiking simulator running the rock gauntlet hiding snipers with clunky controls unless you get a horse now instead of a buggy at spawn.

Think people are getting over excited as a backlash to COD with it being a boots on ground game. 

As I say I'm a little wary of it disappointing in the same manner all recent BFs have, they've always been able to make it looks great in trailers. Will give it a chance though, cos I'd love to have a shooter of this kind that I actually enjoy. Got bored of Red Orchestra 2 about a year ago lol

Overwatch is a great shooter though, everyone should get that when it comes out :D

32 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

As I say I'm a little wary of it disappointing in the same manner all recent BFs have, they've always been able to make it looks great in trailers. Will give it a chance though, cos I'd love to have a shooter of this kind that I actually enjoy. Got bored of Red Orchestra 2 about a year ago lol

Overwatch is a great shooter though, everyone should get that when it comes out :D

Is that the one where there was a woman's bum they got rid of?

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Is that the one where there was a woman's bum they got rid of?

They didn't get rid of it, but yes it is that one. 

Story is someone posted on the forum that pose was out of character and overly sexual. Blizzard agreed. People thought they were agreeing that it was overly sexual, social media erupted for about a week. Was an annoying week. Turned out they were agreeing that it was out of character, and changed it a more playful pose (but still seen as just as sexual, and to be frank it isn't sexual at all. People, it turns out, have bums). Reactions to the change were entertaining. 

tracer-new-pose-640x480.jpg

Was a ridiculous story of people being offended over literally nothing, and I thought Blizzard handled it particularly well.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

They didn't get rid of it, but yes it is that one. 

Story is someone posted on the forum that pose was out of character and overly sexual. Blizzard agreed. People thought they were agreeing that it was overly sexual, social media erupted for about a week. Was an annoying week. Turned out they were agreeing that it was out of character, and changed it a more playful pose (but still seen as just as sexual, and to be frank it isn't sexual at all. People, it turns out, have bums). Reactions to the change were entertaining. 

tracer-new-pose-640x480.jpg

Was a ridiculous story of people being offended over literally nothing, and I thought Blizzard handled it particularly well.

They should have given her an imperforate anus and colostomy bag.

Hey, if any of you like turn based, tactical games Atlas Reactor is a fun, well paced, arena multiplayer twist on the genre. In Open Beta at the moment, 

If any of you feel like checking it out, would be cool of you to do it via this link:

https://reactor.trionworlds.com/account/reg/account-registration-short-flow.action?voucherCode=6LWEGFE3QZXZ2D3FR6WP&request_locale=en&experience=aaf&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

So I can advance my recruit-a-friend numbers ;)

PC gamers only.