Gaming

SaintRam

16 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I know I am old fashioned but I am not a fan of online play.

What are the single player modes like on FIFA and PES.  I used to like the PES one where you had to play games at various levels and had to win mini leagues to progress to the next level.

You can play ultimate team against the computer, leagues and tournements with increasing difficulty as you progress. Career mode is always fun and the new journey mode looks brilliant. 

22 hours ago, seths-cap said:

Played the Fifa demo and it's pretty good. Pre ordered. 

I played the beta last month. Signs the play was going to feel smoother and slightly faster, which was good, but there were several bugs which killed the experience for me.

The Journey aside, there's not enough to make me pay £40 this year, I'll keep my Derby career mode going for another little while and wait till FIFA 18...

4 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Is the FIFA career mode slogging through a 46 game season?

I am tempted by both FIFA and PES, can't decide which though.  It is a long time since I got into a football game.

Aye, that it is. Think you should check out Journey Mode, played the demo and must admit to being impressed.

Gave the FIFA 17 demo a go yesterday. Slightly different player movement but pretty much felt like the same game.

Not knocking EA, can't exactly change the rules of football.

They have changed set pieces tho and corners have just become waaaay to easy to score. With the ability to place the ball in the area you want with more precision will be deadly online.

This will be the biggest complaint after release just watch.

Also noticed players grapple, hold on to each other at corners, I do like this and to be releastic some will have to be given penalties, others need to go without the ref seeing.

I would like this all over with offsides and all sorts, imagine the online rage when you concede to a last minute offside goal, that would be glorious.

Anyhow, penalties have also changed, I do like this new position the run up and stick to run up, not mastered anything other than a trickle in the corner or miles over yet tho.

1 hour ago, David said:

Gave the FIFA 17 demo a go yesterday. Slightly different player movement but pretty much felt like the same game.

Not knocking EA, can't exactly change the rules of football.

They have changed set pieces tho and corners have just become waaaay to easy to score. With the ability to place the ball in the area you want with more precision will be deadly online.

This will be the biggest complaint after release just watch.

Also noticed players grapple, hold on to each other at corners, I do like this and to be releastic some will have to be given penalties, others need to go without the ref seeing.

I would like this all over with offsides and all sorts, imagine the online rage when you concede to a last minute offside goal, that would be glorious.

Anyhow, penalties have also changed, I do like this new position the run up and stick to run up, not mastered anything other than a trickle in the corner or miles over yet tho.

Sums it up pretty well. Have u tried the journey mode yet?

Played the FIFA demo, better than FIFA 16, but no enough to justify actually dropping money on it. FIFA 16 was garbage, FIFA 17 if it stays at the level of the demo is will be mediocre. They've not sorted the AI, thrown in some fluff mode that will be interesting for one play through or so, and yet still not given a proper response to what they're doing about things like the chemistry glitch for Ultimate Team. 

Been playing PES 2017 for the last week though, and it's actually excellent, possibly even the best football game I've ever played. The AI is interesting to play against, the Master League changes have given it a lot more depth to fiddle with, and editing large numbers of teams has been made much easier. Oddly enough the player graphics are actually better than FIFA 17's as well. 

1 minute ago, DancingDory said:

I beg to differ :)

I'm not biting, your maggot doesn't look appetising at all!

I will say this tho, it's not an attack of the inferior football game that is PES, AI in any game genre is terrible to me.

I only get enjoyment from games that I can play against other humans, I need a leaderboard, people to compete against. Sat in a room playing against robots pretty much is so so dull.

15 minutes ago, David said:

I will say this tho, it's not an attack of the inferior football game that is PES, AI in any game genre is terrible to me.

I only get enjoyment from games that I can play against other humans, I need a leaderboard, people to compete against. Sat in a room playing against robots pretty much is so so dull.

Different people have different tastes. 

FIFA is the inferior football game again, it comes in cycles. What FIFA does have though is a solid market for Ultimate Team, which would keep playing it regardless of how bad the FIFA series gets in comparison. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

I agree played Witcher 3 for a bit then hardly played it since went straight back to League Of Legends. Just for the simple fact it's competitive and you can progress etc.

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

Different people have different tastes. 

FIFA is the inferior football game again, it comes in cycles. What FIFA does have though is a solid market for Ultimate Team, which would keep playing it regardless of how bad the FIFA series gets in comparison. 

Albert, I do believe me and you meet here at the same time every year, each year you come you're always really really wrong. I have tried to put you on the correct path but I have to admit defeat as you are a lost cause determined to rebel against what is right.

I don't want to push you further into where this may end up with a nipple piercing and head tattoo, I will simply stand back and hope that in time you realise what I was telling you all along.

Enjoy PES 2017 and remember that FIFA will always be here to welcome you back with open arms, it shall not hold against you your once mean words, it shall not withold its licenced glorious gameplay and online game modes that tantalise the tastebuds of gamers worldwide. FIFA forgives, FIFA loves. One day my child we shall meet in the football heavens that is FIFA 20....

34 minutes ago, David said:

Albert, I do believe me and you meet here at the same time every year, each year you come you're always really really wrong. I have tried to put you on the correct path but I have to admit defeat as you are a lost cause determined to rebel against what is right.

I don't want to push you further into where this may end up with a nipple piercing and head tattoo, I will simply stand back and hope that in time you realise what I was telling you all along.

Enjoy PES 2017 and remember that FIFA will always be here to welcome you back with open arms, it shall not hold against you your once mean words, it shall not withold its licenced glorious gameplay and online game modes that tantalise the tastebuds of gamers worldwide. FIFA forgives, FIFA loves. One day my child we shall meet in the football heavens that is FIFA 20....

What's really odd was that I was on your side as little as 2 years back. I think you're confusing me with someone else here. We did have some disagreements about sports games moving to a freemium model and whether that is the way of the future or not, yet ironically it's been Konami who first dipped their toes into that pool. 

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

What's really odd was that I was on your side as little as 2 years back. I think you're confusing me with someone else here. We did have some disagreements about sports games moving to a freemium model and whether that is the way of the future or not, yet ironically it's been Konami who first dipped their toes into that pool. 

Possibly, all you cricketers look the same to me!