Sponsorship under FFP

Kernow

Forgive me if I'm talking nonsense and I'm not too clued up on the ins and outs of the FFP rules.

I know a couple clubs are sponsored by owners, Forest, Ipswich etc. Does anybody know the rules of how much these sponsors could be? For example if Morris sponsored our shirts under the gaming company King, would he essentially be able to put his investment in as a sponsor and thus result as income on our accounts as opposed to outward expenditure.

I presume there must be a limit of sponsorship money in this scenario regardless of how relaxed FFP is or will be.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From memory, sponsorship would have to adhere to fair market value. Hence you couldn't just put £50m in and claim its sponsorship.

And fair market value would relate to what? Within a reasonable level of other sponsorship deals? The average amount in the division?

Get GSE to put in a £49mil per year offer and have Morris top it!

Don't know the specifics of how its calculated, but I'd imagine that it works in the same way that it does for Premier League sides under the UEFA rules. If it were easy then I'd imagine that Man City would have done it rather than get hit with sanctions.

Archived