True Detective

AmericanRam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought some of its content was amongst the best I've seen for a while. Bit like GOT in that there was 15 minutes of good stuff each week. Thought Vince Vaughan was excellent.

i aagree with the Vince Vaughan bit. He can be a great serious actor and much better than his silly comedies. However I disagree. It wasn't good at all and very predictable. 

i aagree with the Vince Vaughan bit. He can be a great serious actor and much better than his silly comedies. However I disagree. It wasn't good at all and very predictable. 

could they not at least have let Ray's message have got through to his son. What purpose did it serve to not let it get through? That really pissed me off. 

could they not at least have let Ray's message have got through to his son. What purpose did it serve to not let it get through? That really pissed me off. 

Yes, that was annoying and served no purpose. It's like "Hey, how do we add more shock value and make people feel upset?" says one. The other adds: "Yes lets make sure his son never gets the heartfelt message". Yup. nothing good or innovative, As a film maker, this thing sucked,

Yes, that was annoying and served no purpose. It's like "Hey, how do we add more shock value and make people feel upset?" says one. The other adds: "Yes lets make sure his son never gets the heartfelt message". Yup. nothing good or innovative, As a film maker, this thing sucked,

Mind you, I can appreciate the utter frustration of your phone loosing reception / battery at precisely the wrong moment. So maybe that's just life.

But in terms of bad film making: "I'm 40 minutes away, I've got a load of money, I'll see you soon, love you (hmm, I might just go and pop in on my son first)." Should have just shot him in the back of the head right there, anything after that is just filler before the inevitable.

The more I think about it, the more possed off I am with it. Season 1 was a much more upbeat ending. This was just upsetting for the sake of it. They've been watching to much Game of Thrones.

Mind you, I can appreciate the utter frustration of your phone loosing reception / battery at precisely the wrong moment. So maybe that's just life.

But in terms of bad film making: "I'm 40 minutes away, I've got a load of money, I'll see you soon, love you (hmm, I might just go and pop in on my son first)." Should have just shot him in the back of the head right there, anything after that is just filler before the inevitable.

The more I think about it, the more possed off I am with it. Season 1 was a much more upbeat ending. This was just upsetting for the sake of it. They've been watching to much Game of Thrones.

I appreciate your comments but these were all damaged characters on a path to self-destruction.

If you want a happy ending, let's imagine Jordan, Ani and Nails founded an orphanage with their money and met new partners,

p,s, anyone wonder where young Chad Velcoro got his chubby physique and ginger hair?

I appreciate your comments but these were all damaged characters on a path to self-destruction.

If you want a happy ending, let's imagine Jordan, Ani and Nails founded an orphanage with their money and met new partners,

p,s, anyone wonder where young Chad Velcoro got his chubby physique and ginger hair?

It's cos Colin Farrell is Irish. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just belatedly finished it, I actually quite enjoyed it, although I agree it wasn't anywhere near as strong as the first series and the ending was stupidly depressing. I wouldn't have minded Ray, Frank and Paul dying so much if they'd at least killed off the surviving bank robber and mini Chassani. But no justice I guess.

Also, the plot was bloody confusing. S1 the plot was a lot more simple and yet so much more effective. And the whole anti-hero thing got a bit tiring, I only realised late on that Vince Vaughn was a good guy and not destined for an angry shootout with the cops. I did think the acting in general was quite strong, although again it didn't live up to McConaghey and Woody.

Archived