Your favourite Derby goals?

DerbyGoals

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One word...

"WANCHOPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

And, despite the fact I know I'll be howled down over this, Kenny Miller v Newcastle.

Pearsons against West brom at Wembley... awesome day, awesome feeling.

Apart from that Cally against Plymouth

Phil Gee against Sheff United

Bobby..any of them.

Thorne v Brighton, Play off semi final second leg. Fantastic!!!

video already uploaded a couple of weeks ago guys. thanks 

Over my 43 years of watching the Rams, it's very hard to pick out a favourite.

Ok, some bizarre ones that ended up in me coming good at the Bookies.

Nick Pickering scoring the Winner at Old Trafford, 1990. Stefan Schnoor against Fester in 99. Again, bookie-related but one of the biggest mentals I can ever remember (and so making this my favourite goal, ever!) was Carbonari equalising against the Red Dogs at the City Ground in 98. Right in front of us. I remember him poking in from about 6 yards and then sliding on his knees towards 4000 crazy away fans. 2-2. (Oh, And Tony Dorigo got the 1st, from the spot !) Happy night, that was !

Steve Buckley v. Leicester 1981, an exocet from 30 odd yards into the Ossie end goal.

I can remember being excited when we arrived at the BBG because the BBC outside broadcast vans were parked-up, which meant we were on MOTD. When Buckley scored we all commented about watching it again on MOTD.

Later that evening the eagerly awaited MOTD started but we were given the devastating news at the start of the show that due to Derby's keeper (Roger Jones IIRC) wearing a shirt with advertising on it they couldn't show the match. I never did get to see that goal again.:(

Archived