The 1884 Group

that is wholly wrong on so many levels, I don't think this would be the view of the club mate. 

I think you ought to think about what you post if I were you.

Or the return of the flags may be a problem for you.

I disagree totally, this is exactly what the south stand is for and why is was promoted as our 'kop', the whole point of creating the south stand was to promote loud singing and noisy support behind one goal, if fans are there to just sit down and moan just because they get cheaper seats and moan cuz it's too noisy then they should move to somewhere more suitable

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, hope I've not offended anyone, I'm aware that not everyone will want flags, balloons and all the rest at games, but feedback we've had has been mostly very positive.

Think I might be getting all confused anyway, not dealing with the nuttiness of the weather! 

I'll check in tomorrow if anyone wants to raise anything!

#allderbyarentwe

Jesus Christ If you stood outside the turnstiles handing £5 notes to everyone .You would still offend someone .

I think your`e doing a great job Bill idea you have had

Carry on mate 

I disagree totally, this is exactly what the south stand is for and why is was promoted as our 'kop', the whole point of creating the south stand was to promote loud singing and noisy support behind one goal, if fans are there to just sit down and moan just because they get cheaper seats and moan cuz it's too noisy then they should move to somewhere more suitable

whist I agree that the south stand was created to get a mass of fans behind the south stand and create an atmosphere, I didn't like the tone of the post regarding if you didn't like it.

the lad said it didnt mean to be as it sounded, and I accept that.

a lot, and I mean a lot of fans went to the south stand because of the cheap price, and guess what, they like the view and atmosphere as it was last season.  The point I was getting at is the view that they should now get with the programme of get out being inappropriate.

im sure my mate enjoys clapping and singing, I know his missus and lad does, but everyone's different. 

The point I made was he thought his view would be obscured with flags.  I reassured him it wouldn't and asked for confirmation on this thread  regards this.

its not me btw, I'm in the east stand next to the away fans with the nutters.:cool:

Looked at the last couple of pages, a fan trying to get some atmosphere and life back into the south stand by taking his own Time to start what most fans in the south stand want a good atmosphere give the players a boost and is still getting stick, South stand is their for the noise and atmosphere the club like John vicars have come out and said about getting the south stand going with flags and that, so if people don't want them there's thousands of seats elsewhere, 1884 group is a great idea and hope he carries on

Anyway, hope I've not offended anyone, I'm aware that not everyone will want flags, balloons and all the rest at games, but feedback we've had has been mostly very positive.

Think I might be getting all confused anyway, not dealing with the nuttiness of the weather! 

I'll check in tomorrow if anyone wants to raise anything!

#allderbyarentwe

I sit in the East Stand, so I don't really get a say on the South Stand. However, if you wouldn't mind, can you stand up and swear as much as possible as loudly as possible please.

Carry on.

Well I am looking forward to seeing the view of the South Stand from my seat opposite you lot but I hope to get my hands on a flag at away matches where I  expect to stand, chant and occasionally get to see the game round the heads of all the 6 foot plus guys who I always seem to get in front of me. In fact, if I've got a flag to wave I might be able to get my own back on a few of you! :p

I'm at the back of the South Stand and i'm like a kid again. its brilliant, all the woes and stresses of the week disappear when you're stood with like minded oafs singing fairly ridiculous songs at the top of your voice.

You spend too much of your life being sensible, let it all out at football i say!

Since i was young........

Right then, the heat has broken a bit so thinking more properly now! Don't do well when it's hot.

No plans to wave flags during the games, although can't stop people doing it individually.

a way around this may be to specify certain blocks for people who will sing, stand , wave flags and all the rest but that will be a way off yet.

Just have to see how all this goes, hopefully not too many people will be against what we try and do.

Hey, you're just what they need.

they can strap a flag to you and wave you about pre match after a goal and half time!

:D

make mesen laugh sometimes.

You trying to say I've lost weight? Why thank you, I've lost a couple of pounds, does it really show?

How many tickets actually go on general sale for south stand? Last year I had to buy individual match tickets because the of awkward time that I moved.. But i struggled to get tickets sometimes, that even being the day of the release. Snapped up a season ticket in the south stand this year though.

My understanding is that 40 tickets were left in the SS 2 weeks ago, so it should be a sell out year round if everyone turns up.

Could be wrong though.

Check on wearederby site and that should tell you on there.

Archived