SIGNED: Alex Pearce

Cam

Alex Pearce signing prediction  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I'd keep Buxton as back-up to Pearce, sell Keogh and promote Rawson to back-up for Albentosa?​

I did say my opinion is maybe move both on but I would equally have no qualms with Buxton staying, he offers everything I just don't think he is quite good enough to take us where we want to go. I haven't seen enough of Pearce to know he is the stand out CB we are looking for, but I have seen some negative-ish comments about him which would indicate he isn't but hey Martin even had a loan spell which wasn't exactly messi-esque before he joined on a perm and look how he turned out. So unless Pearce is the stand out CB I'd suspect we would sign another which would mean we would have probably at least one too many on the books. I would keep Buxton over Keogh because I can't see Keogh wanting to be back up.

I agree though about Rawson, he should be given a chance at least a few times in pre season to see what he is about, he walked into Rotherham's side. 

Keogh, Pearce, Buxton, Rawson. Assuming Pearce is coming that's my top 4 centre backs for us next season. 

​No Albentosa? or Shotton?

I'm waiting at least one of those 4 to be sold. Keogh would be my guess, just to make room for a new captain. And maybe loan Rawson if he is not good enough to start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2317109/Reading-defender-Alex-Pearce-set-Liverpool-summer.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2229234/Liverpool-want-Alex-Pearce-replace-Jamie-Carragher.html

rogers interested for a whole year, as well as West Brom and Newcastle linked. The lads obviously got pedigree and performed well in the Prem. decent addition on a free IMO

A Reading mate told me Pearce is on $20k a week, and really struggled at distribution from he back under Brendan Rodgers and Nigel Adkins - two manaers who tried to get them playing possession football.

They tried to get him to sign a new deal on reduced terms and he turned them down on more than one occasion.

I want to know who has identified him as a possible signing? This came about before Clement got the job.

This, along with Bent, is a transfer which makes me wince. Smacks of a Paul Jewell high wages average player not what we need type of signing.

I spoke to a Reading fan and he said he's not that fussed. 

Decent defender, head it and kick it man. Not the quickest. Just alright. 

I'm not excited tbh. I know whenever we're linked with someone you're supposed to spin it as positive as possible and "give him a chance" (as if anybody doesn't) but I don't really believe this is the best option for Derby. Just find it hard to believe. 

Same with Warnock. People were spinning that like we've signed some genius defender who's going to have some Taribo West effect. "He's Leeds best player!!". Yeah, I've seen Leeds and Warnock. Fouling and hoofing. At 300 years old I find it hard to believe he's the best available.

But you get shouted down. Everyone coming into Derby is good and anyone going to Forest is pants. Cherry pick facts about them.

Obviously, in the end you judge what they do for the club. But if this guy was signing for Forest how many would say "We've missed out there". None.

I don't tend to listen to other fans opinions anymore or look to much into statistics and the like. 2013/14 two of our best players and fans favourites were Jake Buxton and Chris Martin. 

Buxton was from Burton Albion, Mansfield town and Alfreton, my gaffer was a big stags fan and he couldn't be any more scathing...after all Buxton was in the team that got relegated to the conference.

Martin was on a free and couldn't even get in Swindon towns team whilst on loan and Norwich fans couldn't have given a monkeys he was going. Can remember a lot of fans where "underwhelmed" by the Martin signing. 

I'll certainly give Pearce the benefit of the doubt!

Archived