QPR retained list released..

Barton is a nightmare to play against but ideal to have in your team. See Robbie Savage for details. Naivety was a problem last year. A few, fairly cynical old heads would have saved the day in big matches.All good teams have players who take the thought of losing very personally and are not best pleased when some upstart is making them look bad.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton is a nightmare to play against but ideal to have in your team. See Robbie Savage for details. Naivety was a problem last year. A few, fairly cynical old heads would have saved the day in big matches.All good teams have players who take the thought of losing very personally and are not best pleased when some upstart is making them look bad.

Savage wasn't ideal on our team at any point. Made us a laughing stock in the media trying to further his own imagine, not forgetting the embarrassment he was on the pitch. 

It is sad I think that a) there are 3 different threads covering Barton, and that b) the very funny joke I did in one of the threads has not received the likes it should. Unless irony is dead, I expect likes now please.

In response to StockholmRam's hatred of all things Barton, and now it is important to remember his name is Stockholm, I said:

I think what is required here Stockholm is for Barton to take you hostage, keeping you locked up and mistreating you for the next month or so before pre-season starts.  There is a very good chance then that you might come to grow very fond of him.

No?  Ok, how about Barton rhymes with Fart on. Hehehehehee.

Eustace and Buxton were both sent off last year and nobody seemed concerned about that. Barton would bring with him years of experience at the highest level and in addition he has actually won promotion which I think is important.Our squad lacks experience and a winning mentality and Barton would bring that on a free transfer!

​Are you comparing a sending off for a mistimed tackle with all of Barton's misdemeanours? 

Our squad has plenty of experience, we've been in promotion battles for the past two seasons. Winning mentality? Scraping promotion with the largest wage bill in second flight history gives him a winning mentality? Horrible little man and horrible little player. I pray our club is more sensible than to sign him, big trouble ahead if we do. 

Hughes and Hendrick in particular have plenty of expereince. 100+ games each, 

I think Barton could probably learn more off our players than them off him. Not exactly the definition of calm and composed is he? 

I think enough of our players have been around the Championship now and experienced enough of both ends of it to know what's required. 

Archived