KP 326 not out today

Curtains

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody in their right mind would exclude KP out of spite and/or history.

That means he'll never play for England again

</subtle>

Nobody in their right mind would exclude KP out of spite and/or history.

That means he'll never play for England again

</subtle>

​I wouldn't pick him. He's a cock of the highest order. The moment he texted South Africa how to get Strauss out he should never have played for England again.

Imagine Roonet texting RVP how to get the better of Phil Jones in an England v Holland game.

​I wouldn't pick him. He's a cock of the highest order. The moment he texted South Africa how to get Strauss out he should never have played for England again.

Imagine Roonet texting RVP how to get the better of Phil Jones in an England v Holland game.

​I don't think he actually did text that. His text was something like agreeing with their assessment of a weakness. Slightly subtle difference.

​Really?

That's what happened? Do you have proof of that? If so, you are the only one who has. It was admitted at the time that Pietersen had agreed with a text sent to him that alleged that Strauss was a 'doos'.

Not very nice sentiments I agree, but Strauss has proved time and time again that he quite possibly is one. As far as the England setup is concerned, that term probably fits a few of them, the case in point being that we knew at Malahide on Friday that Peter Moores had been sacked - a day before he did.

​Really?

That's what happened? Do you have proof of that? If so, you are the only one who has. It was admitted at the time that Pietersen had agreed with a text sent to him that alleged that Strauss was a 'doos'.

Not very nice sentiments I agree, but Strauss has proved time and time again that he quite possibly is one. As far as the England setup is concerned, that term probably fits a few of them, the case in point being that we knew at Malahide on Friday that Peter Moores had been sacked - a day before he did.

​The texts were about how to get Strauss out. I'm not suggesting he gave them a dossier by text but it was discussed during a game.

Not really sport though is it? 

Morris dancing is more exciting.......

​That's a fertile argument.

All I'll say on the KP argument is that cricket's a team game.It's history is littered with greats who knew that in certain situations the needs of the team were paramount,and thus were able to temper their games to meet such needs.

Kevin Pietersen will not be recalled to play for England this summer, says director of cricket Andrew Strauss.

Pietersen was told of the decision on Monday night, hours after scoring a career-best 326 not out for Surrey.

The 34-year-old was sacked by England in February 2014, but had opted to play county cricket this summer in a bid to return to the England Test team.

In his first news conference since being appointed, Strauss said: "There's a trust issue between Kevin and I."

Speaking on Monday, before his meeting with Strauss, Pietersen said he was "desperate" to return to the international game.

Pietersen had reduced his Indian Premier League commitments this year to play for Surrey after incoming ECB chairman Colin Graves had suggested an international return might be possible, if he were to score runs in domestic cricket.

But Strauss's assertion that the South Africa-born batsman will not be considered for selection seems to signal the end of a career that took in 8,181 runs and 23 centuries in 104 Tests.

Speaking before the meeting with Strauss, Pietersen had said: "What more can I do? All I can do is score runs. I'm incredibly proud of how I played under pressure."

He is a good player and once a great player but lets be honest he isn't likely to come in and make us this great team all of a sudden. To be fair I would like to see a young attacking player come in as we have a few but seem scared of playing them

Basically Pietersen's problem all along has been Strauss, and vice-versa. Strauss maintains that is has been '...an issue of trust', but the offer of allowing Pietersen a role as 'one day cricket consultant' is nothing more than an attempt to see whether the oik really is prepared to grasp his forelock in deference to the toff.

It's Gentlemen v Players, 21st century style, and it stinks.

Archived