Huddersfield away- What pub?

MACKWORTHRAM

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going, but this is what the fans guide's are saying:-

John Ellis a visiting Leicester City fan recommends the Gas Club on Gasworks Street, about five to ten minute walk from the Stadium. 'On our visit there was a good mix of home and away fans. The Club does charge a £1 entry fee, but both the drinks and food were reasonably priced. You can also park in their car park at a cost of £3'. Please note that after the game the Club reverts to a 'home fans only' bar.

Tim Oscroft informs me; 'The Head of Steam pub at the railway station is pretty good and serves food too'. Also near to the railway station is the Cherry Tree pub. This Wetherspoons outlet is located on John William Street and is popular with away fans. Otherwise if you like your real ale, then Huddersfield has a number of entries in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Those in the town centre closest to the ground include; The King's Head (very near to the Head of Steam), The Sportsman on St John's Road, the Vulcan in St Peter's Street and Slubbers Arms on Halifax Old Road.

There is also a cinema and entertainment complex behind the North Stand, which also contains the Rope Walk pub. Craig Murray a visiting AFC Bournemouth fan adds; 'We went for a pre-match pint at the Rope Walk. Inside it was a mixture of home and away fans and the locals were very friendly and happy to chat about footy. We were also very impressed by the pub`s queuing system! Basically a straight line queue and 4 staff working flat out, which meant it moved quite quickly.'

Alcohol is also made available to away fans inside the stadium, including of course John Smith's! (£3.50 a pint), Fosters (£3.50 a pint),  Bulmers Cider (330ml bottle £3.50), Bulmers Red (330ml bottle £3.50), Fosters (330ml bottle £3.10), Red or White Wine (187ml bottle £3.70).

Speaking of pubs, alcohol and things, I should like to take this opportunity to personally thank the completely tanked-up pig-ignorant c*nt of a Derby fan in the high 40's seats in Row N who could hardly walk at all let alone in a straight line so rat-arsed was he, who barged into me at half time and pushed me over the back of the seats, thus injuring my leg.

Speaking of pubs, alcohol and things, I should like to take this opportunity to personally thank the completely tanked-up pig-ignorant c*nt of a Derby fan in the high 40's seats in Row N who could hardly walk at all let alone in a straight line so rat-arsed was he, who barged into me at half time and pushed me over the back of the seats, thus injuring my leg.

​What a w****r Glad it wasn`t me my knees knackered at the moment last thing I  would have needed

​What a w****r Glad it wasn`t me my knees knackered at the moment last thing I  would have needed

​Yep. I have to be careful - got an artificial hip and had knee ops too. It might have been the 50's seats - don't want to make an inaccurate accusation.

Archived