Charity Marathon Run

UTR's

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I am running my first marathon in a few weeks time. 

I am from Mansfield and do support derby with pride but I am a lurker on the forum. I have a feeling that we will go up this year.

There is a short video explaining what the charity I am running from does at  http://www.oliviasvision.org/

If you would like to wish me luck or sponsor me that would be brilliant. Thanks
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SamLeee

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck. 

Am surprised this thread slipped by without much comment, as we are usually a very charitable and caring bunch on here.

Sadly, I'm all maxed out on charity at the moment, but wish you the best in your fundraising and your marathon run too.

• 3 weeks later...

good luck. 

Am surprised this thread slipped by without much comment, as we are usually a very charitable and caring bunch on here.

Sadly, I'm all maxed out on charity at the moment, but wish you the best in your fundraising and your marathon run too.

​Thank you Mostyn not long till my run now, just getting used to the forum.

I don't know whether this would be encouraging or an unwelcome distraction when running :-)

​Wow that's amazing! It says that there is going to be entertainment every mile of my run hope they are going to be slightly better than these guys!

​Wow that's amazing! It says that there is going to be entertainment every mile of my run hope they are going to be slightly better than these guys!

​I felt sorry for the guy they kidnapped!! Which Marathon are you doing? Hats off to anyone doing a full marathon, I've only ever done halfs. Good luck to you.

​I felt sorry for the guy they kidnapped!! Which Marathon are you doing? Hats off to anyone doing a full marathon, I've only ever done halfs. Good luck to you.

Thank you so much for your sponsor bcnram I appreciate it a lot! :) ​Its Rock n Roll Liverpool Marathon- I get to go round china town, anfield, Goodison park, the carvern club(home of the beatles) and penny lane. I have only ran 21.5 miles so I am hoping what they say is true about the last 6 miles being in the mind. If you are doing ramathon next year I might see you there! :)

Thank you so much for your sponsor bcnram I appreciate it a lot! :) ​Its Rock n Roll Liverpool Marathon- I get to go round china town, anfield, Goodison park, the carvern club(home of the beatles) and penny lane. I have only ran 21.5 miles so I am hoping what they say is true about the last 6 miles being in the mind. If you are doing ramathon next year I might see you there! :)

​If you have ran 21 miles you will be totally fine, i have ran well over 40 marathons over there years they are tough...but not that tough, so much of it is in your mind.

Dont believe any of that "hitting the wall" rubbish, jsut make sure you drink plenty of water and eat as you go around (bananas energy gels, not burgers) and you will be totally fine.

Best of luck, and one advantage you will get running around Liverpool is that you will have to keep going at a decent pace or the locals will pinch your laces.

​If you have ran 21 miles you will be totally fine, i have ran well over 40 marathons over there years they are tough...but not that tough, so much of it is in your mind.

Dont believe any of that "hitting the wall" rubbish, jsut make sure you drink plenty of water and eat as you go around (bananas energy gels, not burgers) and you will be totally fine.

Best of luck, and one advantage you will get running around Liverpool is that you will have to keep going at a decent pace or the locals will pinch your laces.

​Thank you so much for the advice and I can know what scousers can be like 

Best bit of advice i can give you is to start slow and finish slower.....seriously, start as slow as you physically can, what time are you aiming for?

​I am aiming for under 4 hours, 3 and half hours if I can! I tried pacing myself on a run the other day and the slowest I could go was around 1km every 6 minutes. I'll keep you posted on my time fot the marathon itself!

Archived