Gutless

Nuwtfly

Today's game against Brentford has been one of the most pathetic, gutless performance's I've seen from a Derby side under Steve Mac. The players look disinterested, unmotivated and most of all shot of any confidence. Obviously I don't know why this is, but if I had to put my money on it, I would say this disinterest has leaked down from the manager, who has looked uninterested since the Newcastle speculation began.

Combine this with one of the oddest, unbalanced defences Derby have ever had, I would say promotion is not only no longer on the cards, but also undeserved. 

Club needs a shake up.

Big changes needed in the summer. On the pitch and off.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to comment specifically on 1 game that we managed to salvage a point from (which could be very important at the end of the season).

However I'm also starting to believe this Newcastle thing and the drop in performances being linked with it.

For the sake of this club he should go and resign now and leave simmo in charge till end of season.

I ask all of you what would you be saying if non league nigel would have blown a 5 points lead to easily having gone out of the play offs today !!.And for gods sake don't reply with we wouldn't have been at the top anyway......open your eyes.

Its all down to him signing months ago his nice little fat toon pay packet and also bringing in loan signings that have upset the regular players and yes I know bent and ince have scored.But its what its doing to the dressing room you have to ask because its obviously not all together now and that's a fact.And that's all down to no other then SM

Don't know where to start. Few of them could not simply kick the ball properly (Forsyth notably).

I am stunned how we equalised. Only positive is we got a bit of luck in the last minute for a change.

There are some underlying issues in the dressing room somewhere.

starting to think the Newcastle stuff could be effecting the team. Something has changed. Not just the players but the buzz at the club.

I left at 82 minutes to beat the traffic. Didn't even cheer when we equalised. Driving home.

The fans mentality, we think we deserve promotion, I'm sure you will be back on the bandwagon should we get to Wembley.

actually ill give you a proper reply.

where did I say we deserve promotion? And what gives you the impression in a bandwagon fan?

You left with 10 minutes to go in one of our most important games this season against a promotion rival with the score only at 1 nil.

You then said the buzz had changed around the club, so I ask assume you only stay the full 90 when we are winning.

You left with 10 minutes to go in one of our most important games this season against a promotion rival with the score only at 1 nil.

You then said the buzz had changed around the club, so I ask assume you only stay the full 90 when we are winning

leaving before the end doesn't make me a bandwagon fan. I had a fed up son with me and didn't fancy sitting in traffic for almost an hour when I could get him home for home made chocolate cake.

for the record I can count on one hand how many times I've left early in the past 30 years. Not that I need to justify anything.

It was poor but it had nothing to do with lack of effort.

Lack of quality, tactically destroyed with our 442 (who knew), out of ideas. 

Nothing to do with effort. What our fans deserve is midtable because when we were top 2 they were booing players, abusing players and finding every single tiny fault. Wins weren't winnier enough. 

You think buying a ticket give you rights to something. My mate was at the game today. Liverpool fan.

any **** can buy a ticket. 

"No passion or commitment." stock reply to any performance that is poor. 

Poor doesn't = lack of effort.  

And it was abysmal on every level. 

McClaren should resign? Who you got lined up for us. Were you protesting against out board a couple of years ago? Terribly ran club aren't we. When's the next protest,

Seem to remember several purring about pre season changing from a hard slog to a much earlier emphasis on ball work.I thought I'd wait and see how it panned out before commenting.The first indications that it may have been a mistake came earlier in the season when Mac said (more than once) that the team seemed tired.Amongst other things,we put in a very lack lustre performance at Fulham ,where we couldn't match them for effort.

In today's game I thought we didn't show a great deal of spirit,but of course tiredness can create this impression.Fatigue doesn't just lead to a lack of movement,it also has mental implications,including concentration levels.Should we play with verve in our remaining games,I might change my mind on this.However,if tiredness is an issue I think we can kiss promotion goodbye,because I don't see any sign of this amongst other sides at the top-quite the contrary in fact,because some seem to be coming on strongly.

Fans were **** today, the drummer boy stopped drumming, ground was half full by 90mins, the team were poor but we failed them, 12.15 kick offs are w@nk, Wembley hotel booked though ;-/

​Afraid today I succumbed to leaving early because my lad was fed up and we were crap. More shame me and I should know better.

I was so happy when we scored. 

These two guys that sit behind us at every game just moan for the full 90 minutes, even in games where we are winning by a couple. They talk absolute rubbish as well. Dawkins played well today and they couldn't understand why he was even a professional footballer. Anyway they left early and missed the goal. 

​Afraid today I succumbed to leaving early because my lad was fed up and we were crap. More shame me and I should know better.

​Left 10 minutes from the end myself,dav. My chronic Vodafone home broadband had been allowing me to watch 2 or 3 passes before a freeze (and I'd been watching whole games under these conditions in the past) ,but today I fished out an old O2 (now 3) dongle and bought a day pass,giving me 500Mb usage. Like a fool,I forgot to exit at half time to save data,and it flopped after 84 minutes.By the time I'd worked out what had happened and got Vodafone to kick in (very slowly) ,I saw the players coming off down the tunnel.

It's only when I came on here that I realised we'd drawn.

I was amazed JR started today,in a game we needed to win and really wanted to come flying out of the traps,when Sky said he'd been unfit on the day of the game.

Archived