Are we repeating what QPR did last season

plymouthram

Last season QPR was one of the favourites for promotion. This season the RAMS were also one of the favourites. Last season QPR had injuries in the 2nd half of the season. This season so have we. QPR limped into 4th spot. Can we limp into 4th? QPR limped into the final got totally outplayed and some how won. Could we be doing the same ? Football does have a history of repeating it self. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season QPR was one of the favourites for promotion. This season the RAMS were also one of the favourites. Last season QPR had injuries in the 2nd half of the season. This season so have we. QPR limped into 4th spot. Can we limp into 4th? QPR limped into the final got totally outplayed and some how won. Could we be doing the same ? Football does have a history of repeating it self. 

​Will McClaren be watching closely the 4 teams involved in the playoffs and try and make sure we are drawn against the weeker of the other 3 teams for the semis,who would you all prefer

To reply of who you want in the playoffs. Going on our results so far this season,  M'boro = lost both games, Bournemouth= took 4pts off them, Watford= took 4pts off them, Norwich 2 draws, Ipswich took 4pts off them, Wolves beat them 5-2 over 2 matches and Brentford only played them once and lost to a last minute goal. Looks like we only need to avoid Middlesboro and Bamford

Fact of the matter is, if we can get ourselves sorted out and go into the playoffs confident, fit and on form, I fancy our chances a lot better than I did last year when it seemed we could beat everyone except the top 6 sides.

We're a different side to QPR so no not really.

The only comparison I can draw is that they underachieved and I feel we have too.

I think the weirdest thing is we're not even playing that badly. We're dominating teams. We were much better than Brighton, Birmingham and Wolves of late.

Watford was a bit different as they had 10 men but we had far the better chances to score more.

We're just poor in both areas. Similar to Leicester City in the Premier League.

​You will think our players like Christie and Forsyth look forward to the matches every week and up for a defensive battle, certainly not in current form? I bet they hate it because they know they get stick from the fans. 

Archived