PL better than La Liga?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big problem with this kind of sausage contest is that everyone defines "better" in terms of leagues differently. There is the source of the issue in it's most basic sense. Some people measure it only by success, some by how even a league is, some by the "big names" it has and many by plain ol' nationalism. 

To me, a league is a truly bland affair if I'm not watching Derby in it. I honestly don't care how good "the competition" or how good "that player" is, it's just not that interesting. I appreciate a good player, a good team and good matches, but that is pretty much independent of a league, the interest in a particular league to me is derived from supporting a team in it. 

I think the PL is about equal to the dutch league, we are not as good as the Spanish, German or Italian leagues, our National side is piss poor and the stats only look half decent due to the very poor opposition we tend to play in friendlies, our club sides have fell behind our European counterparts, just look at the Europa and champions league.

more money in the league doesn't mean we are the best league in the world.

I think the PL is about equal to the dutch league, we are not as good as the Spanish, German or Italian leagues, our National side is piss poor and the stats only look half decent due to the very poor opposition we tend to play in friendlies, our club sides have fell behind our European counterparts, just look at the Europa and champions league.

more money in the league doesn't mean we are the best league in the world.

Your argument is flawed with our national team. If we were piss poor then we are playing at our level when we play very poor countries. I wouldn't have thought the gap between piss poor and very poor would be that great?

Then again if you think England are piss poor I would think your judgement is kinda warped.

Germany Recent and Upcoming Friendlies

England, Chile, Poland, Cameroon, Armenia, Argentina, Spain, Austrailia, USA, Netherlands

W4 D3 L1

England Recent and Upcoming Friendlies

Germany, Denmark, Peru, Equador, Honduras, Norway, Scotland, Italy, Ireland, France

W4 D2 L1

Spain Recent and Upcoming Friendlies

Equador, Chilie, Guinea, South Africa, Italy, Bolivia, El Salvador, France, Germany, Netherlands

W5 D1 L3

I know it kind of ruins the myth that England only play crap countries, it's the usual argument that is spun out to dismiss any England players goals or stats. 

Just had a look at the South American teams, now we have Argentina here, with the best player in the world in Messi right?

Trinidad & Tobago, Slovenia, Germany, Brazil, Hong Kong, Croatia, Portugal, El Salvador, Ecuador, Bolivia

Messi scored 4 goals in total, 2 against Hong Kong, 1 against Slovenia and a penalty against Croatia.

We know Rooney's international goals are always dismissed because they are against weaker opposition unlike Messi who performs against Hong Kong. 

The 10 friendlies above Rooney has also scored 4, 1 against Ecuador, a penalty against Norway and 2 against Scotland.

The similarities between the two are there for all to see, although I would have Scotland down as slightly tougher opposition than Hong Kong....just.

Ignore Rooney's goals tho, anyone could of scored them right.

*Also worth pointing out that in the 10 games only 8 have been played, the last 2 are the next 2 fixtures. Spain however have played one more and only have Netherlands to play.

Just had a look at the South American teams, now we have Argentina here, with the best player in the world in Messi right?

Trinidad & Tobago, Slovenia, Germany, Brazil, Hong Kong, Croatia, Portugal, El Salvador, Ecuador, Bolivia

Messi scored 4 goals in total, 2 against Hong Kong, 1 against Slovenia and a penalty against Croatia.

We know Rooney's international goals are always dismissed because they are against weaker opposition unlike Messi who performs against Hong Kong. 

The 10 friendlies above Rooney has also scored 4, 1 against Ecuador, a penalty against Norway and 2 against Scotland.

The similarities between the two are there for all to see, although I would have Scotland down as slightly tougher opposition than Hong Kong....just.

Ignore Rooney's goals tho, anyone could of scored them right.

*Also worth pointing out that in the 10 games only 8 have been played, the last 2 are the next 2 fixtures. Spain however have played one more and only have Netherlands to play.

i stopped watching England ten years ago, if the players cant be arsed to play for the national side I cant be arsed to watch them, watching san marino every year is boring anyway, the world cup was also an embarrassing encounter, no wonder Wembley is always half full.

i stopped watching England ten years ago, if the players cant be arsed to play for the national side I cant be arsed to watch them, watching san marino every year is boring anyway, the world cup was also an embarrassing encounter, no wonder Wembley is always half full.

Archived