Derby County Flags

Inverurie Ram

Flags are  fine and look cool for the first 5 minutes of a game but for me they don't work. look at the Leeds support last night it was permanent , loud, intensive and passionate to the point that I felt envious. Flags are all well and good but they don't make noise I hate to say it but the Leeds support last night was incredible loud and original  we just don't have that.  

7 minutes ago, StringOfBeads said:

Flags are  fine and look cool for the first 5 minutes of a game but for me they don't work. look at the Leeds support last night it was permanent , loud, intensive and passionate to the point that I felt envious. Flags are all well and good but they don't make noise I hate to say it but the Leeds support last night was incredible loud and original  we just don't have that.  

Leeds are doing well at the minute. They weren't all that before...

I think StringOfBeads (weird user name - I'll not enquire as to it's origins :huh:) has a point, however it's a British thing. We just don't do that flag waving, tannoy shouting, backs showing, permanently bouncing, always singing medley like they do on the continent.

We can do it when our team scores a goal for a couple of minutes or sporadically even but it must stop when our team concedes. Like the button that clearly states 'MUTE - PRESS WHEN YOU'VE GONE A GOAL DOWN'.

This is one aspect of following a huge club as Derby clearly are that I was surprised about. Not just home fans at PP but away fans too. It's sporadic and it should be constant for 90 minutes plus.

As an Austrian (well half) I have been to a few Erste Bundesliga games. My own club Red Bull Salzburg are not known as the most vociferous in Austrian football but if you go to watch Rapid Vienna it's madness.

90 minutes worth of gigantic ultras flags being swayed, non stop bouncing, singing, throwing fireworks, topless men and chaos. Half of them aren't even watching the match!!

One aspect of my Austrian influenced footballing journey I integrated into the lower leagues of English football was using my scarf in a different manner.

Tie the scarf around your wrist and raise your arms, clap and swing it round. Looks cool. Maybe at Roma v Juventus but perhaps at Bury v York i looked like a t*t.

The flags are amazing at Derby, the effort and positivity from the volunteers is amazing and it is greatly appreciated but it can only ever be a fleeting show.

Because we're British.

2 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I think StringOfBeads (weird user name - I'll not enquire as to it's origins :huh:) has a point, however it's a British thing. We just don't do that flag waving, tannoy shouting, backs showing, permanently bouncing, always singing medley like they do on the continent.

We can do it when our team scores a goal for a couple of minutes or sporadically even but it must stop when our team concedes. Like the button that clearly states 'MUTE - PRESS WHEN YOU'VE GONE A GOAL DOWN'.

This is one aspect of following a huge club as Derby clearly are that I was surprised about. Not just home fans at PP but away fans too. It's sporadic and it should be constant for 90 minutes plus.

As an Austrian (well half) I have been to a few Erste Bundesliga games. My own club Red Bull Salzburg are not known as the most vociferous in Austrian football but if you go to watch Rapid Vienna it's madness.

90 minutes worth of gigantic ultras flags being swayed, non stop bouncing, singing, throwing fireworks, topless men and chaos. Half of them aren't even watching the match!!

One aspect of my Austrian influenced footballing journey I integrated into the lower leagues of English football was using my scarf in a different manner.

Tie the scarf around your wrist and raise your arms, clap and swing it round. Looks cool. Maybe at Roma v Juventus but perhaps at Bury v York i looked like a t*t.

The flags are amazing at Derby, the effort and positivity from the volunteers is amazing and it is greatly appreciated but it can only ever be a fleeting show.

Because we're British.

This is Bob on....we are  just to reserved to for this for 90 minutes!

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

They have always had a better support than us...always. 

I get what you're saying but  I dont remember the last couple of seasons, having beaten them,  someone saying how great Leeds fans are....

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

I get what you're saying but  I dont remember the last couple of seasons, having beaten them,  someone saying how great Leeds fans are....

it doesn't matter about the last few seasons (although theyve done us too) simply the fact that their ground was rocking last night in a way that you don't get that with artificial flag waving. They were louder than anyone I've heard this season we just can't compete with that. Since when have our fans been as loud as that through the whole game. Actually I remember playing them in the cup when they were in L1 when Delph ran the show and they were loud through out even though they were losing. Think they might have Austrian blood ha ha 

10 minutes ago, StringOfBeads said:

it doesn't matter about the last few seasons (although theyve done us too) simply the fact that their ground was rocking last night in a way that you don't get that with artificial flag waving. They were louder than anyone I've heard this season we just can't compete with that. Since when have our fans been as loud as that through the whole game. Actually I remember playing them in the cup when they were in L1 when Delph ran the show and they were loud through out even though they were losing. Think they might have Austrian blood ha ha 

Yeah, welcome to the forum anyway, nice name, rhymes with something I can't quite put my finger on.....my middle one :p

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

They have always had a better support than us...always. 

Boooooo!

"We're Derby County.........but MuespachRam is for Leeds!".......sing up DCFC fans, and simply turn up the volume.

Followed by:-

"We're Derby County, we're louder than Leeds"

Followed by:-

"We're Derby Country, we"ll always f###ing hate Leeds"