Derby County February Review and POTM

Ambitious

Derby County's February Player of the Month  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In all the excitement of thinking who we may get in the play-offs, I totally forget to start this thread after the Fulham match - please forgive me. 

For those that can't remember, February started out as the month where we looked the part. We dominated and destroyed a Bolton side who was full of confidence and then took the game to Bournemouth, who by the end were thankful for a point at home. It was from that point, things went backwards - just a little. We messed up against Reading in the cup and responded poorly in a disappointing display to Rotherham. We followed that up with a nervy, but deserved, win against Wednesday and a comfortable, untroubled, victory against Charlton. However, were humiliated on our travels to London by an out-of-sorts Fulham side. 

I think the running will be close between two names, possibly three, but certainly two. I'm voting for Tom Ince after his explosive debut month, but think Hughes could once again come away with the accolade.

As it stands:
August - Cyrus Christie 
September - Will Hughes
October - Chris Martin
November - Johnny Russell
December - Johnny Russell 
January - Will Hughes
February - ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes for me. Consistently a top 2 or 3 match day performer. Been like it all season. 

Nobody else is that good, that often. Some have massive highs and lows. Some are steady with the odd outstanding game. Hughes though has the highest level of consistent performances and is capable of chucking in the odd outstanding one.

Can't remember the last time Hughes was a passenger. 

That goes for this month and the season. Class

Archived