Rickie lambert

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why stop and lambert, we could get balloleti as a double loan, surely Steve just needs to pick up the phone.

he recently turned down a move to villa to fight for his place, why then come to a championship club?

If b4 had suggested this he would be ridiculed for months.

​He didn't stay to fight for his place, he didn't move because he didn't want to make a decision on his future for two-and-a-half years in a day. 

​Any reason why you missed the end of the interview off ?

Looks pretty clear to me he says he wants to stay to fight for his place ?

"It was nothing negative towards Aston Villa, it’s a great club. I just didn’t think it was right for me to leave here just six months into my Liverpool career. I didn’t want to go."

Lambert, who has three goals in 26 appearances for the Reds, continued to say how it was too hard for him to give up an opportunity he only realised only eight months ago.

"It was something that I would have probably looked back at a few years down the line and regretted if I had moved too early," he said. "It was very close but I just couldn’t do it. It’s hard sometimes when you aren’t playing but I’m at the club I love. I’m not willing to give that up easily."

That's still about about a permanent move, in fairness. I wouldn't expect to sign him on a permanent, but I'd say he would at least think about it as he isn't playing. He doesn't play for U21s, either, so as far as I can tell - he's played about 100 minutes of football in three months since the turn of the year in all competitions. 

As I said, I think something would have happened by now if something was going to happen but it just seems logical. 

The club's have a good relationship and Lambert isn't getting game time despite being an experienced professional. These loans also have a 24-hour recall clause, too. So it's not like Liverpool couldn't get him back if it all went tits up. 

Archived