Our Club

Jayweb95

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To have a manager with good psychological eye and pure class doesn't harm:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-tough-Mac-decide-players-miss/story-26096384-detail/story.html

“We will need everybody,” he said. “We need those who are not playing to support those who are playing and we need to maintain standards in training Monday to Friday.

“How successful we will be this season will depend on how the 11 to 23 deal with the next two months.

“All players want to play and it takes strength of character to deal with not being in the side. It also takes a lot of unselfishness.

“We have a great bunch of lads, a real team ethic.

“However you feel as a player, however frustrated you are, it is key that you support your team-mate. They are not picking the team, the manager is.”

I have got far too much man love for this club right now.

I have read two interviews tonight, from Thorne and the above from McClaren. Both are perfect and in McClaren's case, simply brilliant management of the team.

We really are lucky to have such a wonderful set up.

Nah, i'm not having it! :(

Pride Park was the name given to the ground when it was built. Queenie opened it and we had the best players in the world there for a number of years. It soon became home, it was full, loud and exciting. I don't think tradition has to have a proud history (although I think Pride Park has...) I know my point sounds trivial but the name of a football ground should not be sold to the highest bidder, it's wrong, crooked and cheap. Sadly I can't do anything about it because I haven't got £12 million to invest but when I have...

Archived