F*rest v Bournemouth

robglosta

Seems that everything that happened to you, didnt happen to us.

We have been very fortunate with injuries. Our two central defenders (Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook) started all 46 League matches, the full-backs started 42 each, Callum Wilson missed just one match and the midfield quartet all started at least 41 matches with Richie starting all 46. That is undoubtedly a major factor in our success this season.

​Hopefully if Thorne can sort himself out and stay fit for most of next season, we keep hold of Martin and invest any money we get from Hughes leaving wisely, we should join you in the Premier League for the 2016/17 season

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been very fortunate with injuries. Our two central defenders (Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook) started all 46 League matches, the full-backs started 42 each, Callum Wilson missed just one match and the midfield quartet all started at least 41 matches with Richie starting all 46. That is undoubtedly a major factor in our success this season.

Have Bournemouth got any plans for extending your ground or building a brand new one? Or is survival & consolidate in the Prem first on the list? 

​Bournemouth used to be my second team, as I spent about 11 summers in a row in bournemouth. I love the place but when you were my second team you were in like league 2. I never really expected you to bypass us but you have and in some real style. I am glad you have got promoted, you were for me the best team in the league by miles and only wish that our bid for simon francis had been accepted and we had spotted Wilson haha. 

Good luck next season, I think you will stay up to be honest, pending who you sign I guess. This season only confirmed for me that Derby County are the most miserable team to support in the top 2 leagues because we are even scrapping for our lives or giving our fans false hope- see this season, last season and our awful premier league season for false hope. See every other year in between for scrapping and relegation battles. 

I'm surprised you didn't make it to the play-offs, I had you down as the team most likely to go up with us before Christmas and didn't consider Middlesbrough to be as much as a threat. That old adage of the season being 46-games long never looked truer than this season.

I've just had a scan through your 'next season' thread and to my mind, some of the posts on there are pointing out some of the issues; mostly with a defence lacking confidence and too many loan-players.

AFCB have gone up by having the best team, not neccessarily the best players in individual positions (although Ritchie as a right-winger and Arter as an attacking midfielder are probably the best in the division)

They are the best team, because they play for each other; because we didn't have injury problems due to piles of hard work and keeping fit; because Howe will not employ players who don't fit into his dressing-room ethos of anybody coming to Bournemouth having to fit in socially with his new team-mates and because they don't panic when things go wrong but continue to play the way they've been coached. When you lost Johnny Russell & Chris Martin with injury, when Jordan Ibe went back to Liverpool, you were exposed to problems we've not had at Dean Court. We've seen this enough times over the years to know exactly what can happen. Your defence need to have belief in each other. When Adam Smith gave away a silly penalty to cost us 3-points versus Sheff. Weds. he didn't get loads of stick from his colleagues, he got a bit of ribbing and lots of support.

If McLaren goes, it might be better for you. I suspect Steve McLaren is more interested in what is good for Steve McLaren than what is good for Derby County.

As for Forest doing the double over us, well, these things happen. We hammered them in both games and they did us on the breaks, hey-ho.

In describing Bournemouth you've also described us from last season.

The loans haven't been an issue though. Ibe hasn't effected us. The media are just up his ****like they were with Zaha etc. He was alright but we haven't missed him. He wasn't even our beSt performing winger when here. 

We have been over patient all season. We've dropped into third gear when leading. We've started in third gear against some weaker teams. We've had injuries hammer us in 2 positions so that we lost our cover for our cover. we've tinkered with the defence too much (love to see how many different combos of defence we've had since Christmas).

Basically we stopped doing what we were good at and tried to be more controlled and deliberate. Last season we were fast and reckless. With consistent team selections and no injuries.

We stopped being us.

Don't you lot do that

Archived