Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

On 27/07/2024 at 23:55, Jubbs said:

What a hilariously fun but awful fight that was. Chisora deservedly the winner, not really sure where Joyce goes from here. I really wanna see Chisora vs Wilder because it'd just be an absolute slugfest.  

Joyce really is his own worst enemy, his first line of defence is his face and he doesn't have enough power to make anyone get out of the way.

Nice fella, had a few months in the limelight but it's hard to see any path forward for him - maybe a fight against Bakole (if he can keep his mouth shut long enough to get his gumshield in) but he's on the very edge now.

Edited by uttoxram75
Took political reference out.

Anybody betting against Crawford on Saturday night?

Great card if but not sure I can stay up for it. 

I went against Crawford for the Spence fight. Never again. He showed he's on another level and although there's a lot of hype around Madrimov this is going to be way above anything he's faced. Good hype around it though

Oooh it sounds like it was a crazy night of boxing. 

Judges getting some serious grief. Apparently there's a case for Crawford losing and Donkey Miller being robbed. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Allied to selling the sport to the Saudis, this should do wonders for boxing's wider profile 😂

Guy Ritchie came up with that video. He’s their Minister Of Justice now. 

2 minutes ago, Alph said:

Guy Ritchie came up with that video. He’s their Minister Of Justice now. 

Gathered as much. I can't even tell what the **** it's meant to be. I burst out laughing when it turned full musical. Ritchie must have been off his tits when he concepted that nonsense. It's almost like he's taking the piss! 😂

Bored so did a quick scan of upcoming fights. Have the following (unsubstantiated) thoughts...

Canelo v Berlanga  for the WBC, WBA, & WBO super-middleweight titles is this weekend. NGL, I probably have seen Berlanga fight, but I don't remember it. Think I'll save my PPV kitty though as this one doesn't really fire me up at all, though ignorance may play a part in that. Just feels like Canelo is just fluffing up his retirement kitty at this point, which I guess he's entitled to really. Undercard might be better though...

On the 21st we'll hopefully see AJ make Dubois regret being a t***, Anthony Cacace will hopefully usher Josh Warrington another step closer to retirement and Liam Smith will probably grind Josh Kelly into unconsciousness. Buatsi will be fighting whoever he's managed to find is isn't A) Russian or B) Bivol or Beterbiev, but there's also another look at Hamzah Sheeraz who walked right through Liam Smith last time out and will probably do the same to Tyler Denny this time around. He's caught my eye, so I'll be trying to catch this card if I'm home.

After that the next one to fire my imagination is the Saudi October 12th card. Shakur Stevenson has already pulled out of the match up with Joe Cordina, but the small matter of Artur Beterbiev taking on Dmitry Bivol for the undisputed light-heavyweight title is way too good to miss and I will be ensuring I'm home for that. On the same card there's also Jai Opetaia v Jack Massey for the IBF cruiserweight title and Fabio Wardley v Frazer Clarke II for the British heavyweight title. 

Oh, and the following night Takuma Inoue is going to spark another poor barstool, though good luck finding the fight, or being awake for it. Perhaps he could do a world tour some time? 

Last of all, we have the November 15th card in Dallas. Taylor - Serrano should be a cracker, but Jake Paul's wacky rules for the Tyson fight (that he argued should be sanctioned as a pro bout) will be 8 x 2 minute rounds and 14 oz gloves. LMFAO.

N.B I haven't forgotten Usyk vs Fury btw, I'll just believe it when I see it.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Still on for that bet? 🙂

Sure, but FWIW, it doesn't sound like they'll announce a winner to me. It's an exhibition isn't it?

Anyone know if they're sanctioning this? 

Anyway, here's my charity. You might as well cough up now just for backing such an utter fanny if nothing else. In fact, you should have to pay twice 😋

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/childrens-emergency-fund/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwooq3BhB3EiwAYqYoEl-PPKNOo8Z7NgufVVZh3f4jWHSYavnjPngm29S8tZYxP6QhvwIB6BoCVSYQAvD_BwE

23 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Bored so did a quick scan of upcoming fights. Have the following (unsubstantiated) thoughts...

Canelo v Berlanga  for the WBC, WBA, & WBO super-middleweight titles is this weekend. NGL, I probably have seen Berlanga fight, but I don't remember it. Think I'll save my PPV kitty though as this one doesn't really fire me up at all, though ignorance may play a part in that. Just feels like Canelo is just fluffing up his retirement kitty at this point, which I guess he's entitled to really. Undercard might be better though...

On the 21st we'll hopefully see AJ make Dubois regret being a t***, Anthony Cacace will hopefully usher Josh Warrington another step closer to retirement and Liam Smith will probably grind Josh Kelly into unconsciousness. Buatsi will be fighting whoever he's managed to find is isn't A) Russian or B) Bivol or Beterbiev, but there's also another look at Hamzah Sheeraz who walked right through Liam Smith last time out and will probably do the same to Tyler Denny this time around. He's caught my eye, so I'll be trying to catch this card if I'm home.

After that the next one to fire my imagination is the Saudi October 12th card. Shakur Stevenson has already pulled out of the match up with Joe Cordina, but the small matter of Artur Beterbiev taking on Dmitry Bivol for the undisputed light-heavyweight title is way too good to miss and I will be ensuring I'm home for that. On the same card there's also Jai Opetaia v Jack Massey for the IBF cruiserweight title and Fabio Wardley v Frazer Clarke II for the British heavyweight title. 

Oh, and the following night Takuma Inoue is going to spark another poor barstool, though good luck finding the fight, or being awake for it. Perhaps he could do a world tour some time? 

Last of all, we have the November 15th card in Dallas. Taylor - Serrano should be a cracker, but Jake Paul's wacky rules for the Tyson fight (that he argued should be sanctioned as a pro bout) will be 8 x 2 minute rounds and 14 oz gloves. LMFAO.

N.B I haven't forgotten Usyk vs Fury btw, I'll just believe it when I see it.

You’ve missed the Ryan v Mayer fight at madison square garden at the end of September. I obviously hope Sandy wins but Mayer as lost only twice and they were very dodgy decisions against Baumgarder and Jonas. The fight is being shown on sky 27/28 September early hours sat morning 

Edited by Henrycav81

15 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

You’ve missed the Ryan v Mayer fight at madison square garden at the end of September. I obviously hope Sandy wins but Mayer as lost only twice and they were very dodgy decisions against Baumgarder and Jonas. The fight is being shown on sky 27/28 September early hours sat morning 

Cheers Henry, yep, that's a glaring omission indeed. In The Gardens too. Sandy has been an absolute trailblazer for the women's game and I'll deffo be watching that. Mayer, I feel you kind of know what you're getting. I do think Sandy looks a little less fizzy though these days so you'd expect a close fight, or rather I would. Like you, I'll be firmly in the Sandy camp despite having a lot of respect for her opponent. Thanks for the heads up in any case. It's in my phone 😊