Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

33 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The way I've seen Dubois lumbering around the ring at times in his career I'd be surprised if he got anywhere near Usyk. You never know I guess, heavyweights hit hard and all that.

He's lucky he's only got the 1 L. He's had two generous stoppages when he's looked in a bit of trouble. 

Thanks to Frank Warren matchmaking expertise he's expecting all opponents to crumple when he hits them. 

Frank needs Joyce or Dubois to win so he can feed one to Fury. 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wilder will only need to land once to get rid of Joshua. I'm not sure the current version of Joshua would get up in the way Fury did, or in the way Joshua himself did against Klitschko.

The current version of AJ is a better boxer than the one before. He hasn’t lost heart, he just isn’t reckless anymore. If Wilder hits any opponent cleanly, including my favorite Usyk, then there is a chance they hit the deck.

I don’t think this version of AJ is any weaker than the previous version. I reiterate, the moment Wlad Klitchsko turned more robotic was when he had greater success.

AJ said it in one of his interviews. A good right hand can make world headlines, but an ever better jab can take you further.

The casuals want to see fireworks. Who doesn’t love a heavyweight shootout? But that isn’t AJ’s style anymore.

He's going to have to do more than throw singular jabs to soften up Wilder. 

I get what's improved in Joshua. But his head is still quite static. The criticism of his boxing in the past was OTT but for all the skills he's developed there's strengths he's lost (lost is the wrong word. Maybe unable to utilise fits better) 

And old weakness is still there. He's still awfully weak in any grappling or whenever he has chance to use his size. He head is static even though the feet move faster than ever. 

I just think it suits Wilder that AJ wants to step in and jump out again. That he's doing singular jabs and tapping. Because Wilder is only looking to catch him on the way in. Just once. 

I favour Wilder for it but it's still an epic fight. Wilder is chinny, he is easy to hit and Joshua will hit him like he's never been hit before. 

It would be a dangerous fight for the old reckless AJ. But reckless AJ was looking for the big shots. He was counter punching with real nastiness and leaping on any error. Sure it got him clipped by Ruiz. But pressure Wilder like that and I think Wilder hates it. We know he hates it. He wants you to box him. He doesn't want to be smothered. He doesn't like a dog fight. 

Edited by Alpha

• 2 weeks later...

F@ck me just heard dereck on talk sport! He needs to stop fighting! True warrior but i worry about that lad! If hes not drinking or on something he still seems punch drunk!

Look forward to watching this on you tube! Only listened on radio! Usyk camp saying low blow, commentators saying bodyshot so 😬

4 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

F@ck me just heard dereck on talk sport! He needs to stop fighting! True warrior but i worry about that lad! If hes not drinking or on something he still seems punch drunk!

Look forward to watching this on you tube! Only listened on radio! Usyk camp saying low blow, commentators saying bodyshot so 😬

What was Chisora saying? I like Chisora but he's a looney anyway.