Bits and bobs

Matt Carbon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, Mac is a PL caliber coach, who after his good work with Derby will get offers for decent and semi-decent jobs in the top flight.

If Derby don't get promoted this season, yeah I think he'll go for a job in the prem, that's not based on anything more than that's what I think would happen. Just because people on forums and people in the game also get this feeling it doesn't make it more or less plausible, sinister or a pre arranged deal.

If we don't go up and Mac leaves, I won't begrudge it as long as it's not done in a nasty way leaving a sour taste. You wouldn't begrudge Hughes going to a PL club if we don't go up this summer either would you? Top class people want the top class jobs, the way of the world.

OK Jono 'drivel' was a bit harsh, but the myth making around Newcastle by the local and national media is ridiculous. They are the only club in a metropolitan area of close to one million people, they should get 50k fans at home games. Ashley does not throw money at the club anymore and the fans and local media's expectations are well out of line with reality. It's easy to see why managers rule themselves out of the job. Steve comes across as a man of integrity - I don't think he would take on Newcastle as it presently stands for that reason alone

Yeah Whitley .. I do agree with you. Mac has done a great job getting the players that Clough found and brought on to play to their potential and play good football all round. I also think he is loving his time here and has the integrity you mention. BUT He has a very attractive track record and someone will be out to get him. The top 6 clubs are always go to be looking for glamour celebrity coaches from overseas. So .... . Of the rest I think Newcastle are one of the few that could genuinely ( in theory ) tempt Steve away. Apart from them who in The English game is left ? Everton maybe ..but they don't have a sack of dough so it is reasonable to assume he could achieve with us what he could archieve there. Liverpool is probably the only other one. Derby have as much to offer as any current prem club in the lower half so I do think he will stay but I worry that he wont cos I am a panicker !

Yeah Whitley .. I do agree with you. Mac has done a great job getting the players that Clough found and brought on to play to their potential and play good football all round. I also think he is loving his time here and has the integrity you mention. BUT He has a very attractive track record and someone will be out to get him. The top 6 clubs are always go to be looking for glamour celebrity coaches from overseas. So .... . Of the rest I think Newcastle are one of the few that could genuinely ( in theory ) tempt Steve away. Apart from them who in The English game is left ? Everton maybe ..but they don't have a sack of dough so it is reasonable to assume he could achieve with us what he could archieve there. Liverpool is probably the only other one. Derby have as much to offer as any current prem club in the lower half so I do think he will stay but I worry that he wont cos I am a panicker !

Archived