16 games left: What points tally will we end on?

Ambitious

How many points will Derby finish on this season?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running through the years, I think 90 points has been the highest a 3rd placed team has ever finished.

It's crazy to think WBA won the league on 81 points and Hull City and Stoke City over the years gained automatic promotion on 79 points.

I think we'll beat last season's total of 85.

I said all along we would get very close to that amount, and whether it's good enough to go up automatically depends how good the other teams are over the 46 matches.

Now, if I was to hazard a guess, I'd plump for 89 points and second place - just.

Running through the years, I think 90 points has been the highest a 3rd placed team has ever finished.

It's crazy to think WBA won the league on 81 points and Hull City and Stoke City over the years gained automatic promotion on 79 points.

I think we'll beat last season's total of 85.

I said all along we would get very close to that amount, and whether it's good enough to go up automatically depends how good the other teams are over the 46 matches.

Now, if I was to hazard a guess, I'd plump for 89 points and second place - just.

You've lost some confidence somewhere!! We both agreed that there aren't two better teams than Derby over 46 games. Now you're bottling it!!!

Wuss!

Admittedly it's going to be a bigger push than expected.

I still can't see us outside the top 2. The standard set is relentless and I can see one of the others breaking before us. Wouldn't like to guess which one.

You've lost some confidence somewhere!! We both agreed that there aren't two better teams than Derby over 46 games. Now you're bottling it!!!

Wuss!

Admittedly it's going to be a bigger push than expected.

I still can't see us outside the top 2. The standard set is relentless and I can see one of the others breaking before us. Wouldn't like to guess which one.

I think we have the best team in the league, and the January loan additions only enhances that thought.

However, there isn't really much we can do if the top two just keep winning. The league is rubbish, you can't really depend or pin hopes on anybody stopping the top teams at the moment.

Everytime you think 'Oh this could be a tricky fixture for them' Bournemouth just cruise through and Boro while not as convincing seem to plod along winning games.

I think Bournemouth will win the league, IMO they've got favourable fixtures left.

I'd back Derby to go up, and I'd back us to beat anybody else over two games. However, it really could be a case of not being able to do much about the final outcome, similar to last season as Burnley just kept on winning.

10 WINS = 30 Points                                                                                                                                                                               4 Draws  =  4 Points                                                                                                                                                                               2 LOSES =  0 Points                                                                                                                                                                                  TOTAL =  92 Points           

I think we have the best team in the league, and the January loan additions only enhances that thought.

However, there isn't really much we can do if the top two just keep winning. The league is rubbish, you can't really depend or pin hopes on anybody stopping the top teams at the moment.

Everytime you think 'Oh this could be a tricky fixture for them' Bournemouth just cruise through and Boro while not as convincing seem to plod along winning games.

I think Bournemouth will win the league, IMO they've got favourable fixtures left.

I'd back Derby to go up, and I'd back us to beat anybody else over two games. However, it really could be a case of not being able to do much about the final outcome, similar to last season as Burnley just kept on winning.

If we beat Middlesbrough then it's in our hands - luckily. I do agree, though, but at the minute at least it's in our hands. Plus, we only have plus four Bournemouth's GD to get above them too.

Easy.

If we beat Middlesbrough then it's in our hands - luckily. I do agree, though, but at the minute at least it's in our hands. Plus, we only have plus four Bournemouth's GD to get above them too.

Easy.

I would say it's easy, but I don't trust our fellow Championship teams to keep that down.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before Bournemouth stick about six past another useless team down the bottom.

Archived