Hughes and Bennett

Carl Sagan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can people be labelling Albentosa a future captain when we've only seen 70 minutes of him against Chesterfield?

Did you see those 45 minutes?

Captain Pecking Order right now for me is:

1. Keogh 2. Grant  3. Hughes

in the future maybe add: Thorne, Albentosa, Russell, Bent, Warnock

Don't care about age, you have to be a regular and a leader to be Captain. Will is that.

Chris Martin?

Bennett has plenty of time to learn and develop. Don't worry about him yet.

I don't think he heart was in it when we loaned him out. He did two interviews and one was him all buzzing about his time here and then his loan interview was much more grounded.

Right now when he plays he's always so excited and desperate.

Keogh, Buxton, Eustace, Martin, Grant, probably Thorne as has been mentioned.

All above Hughes in the pecking order for good captaincy in my opinion. When mcclaren takes about the senior players in the dressing room and taking on board their opinions. This is who he means.

Hope he does not listen to Keogh too much...

Never a leader..

Martin also, is he going to pick up a side when its down? He's the one who needs picking up more than most..

Hughes for the future definately but agree not now.

Of your list, only Thorne would interest me.

I did, he was okay, but he's only been at the club for 2 weeks. He doesn't even speak a word of English yet....

He must be speaking some English. We were watching him vs Chesterfield, when the ball wasn't with him,  and he was constant leadership, pointing, telling people where to go. It was funny because we wondered if he was talking spanish, english or some kind of hybrid. Even before the game, he was having a major discussion with Bent, talking, gesticulating and nodding. He clearly isn't shy, and on top of that he has a superb work ethic.  

He must be speaking some English. We were watching him vs Chesterfield, when the ball wasn't with him,  and he was constant leadership, pointing, telling people where to go. It was funny because we wondered if he was talking spanish, english or some kind of hybrid. Even before the game, he was having a major discussion with Bent, talking, gesticulating and nodding. He clearly isn't shy, and on top of that he has a superb work ethic.  

Conor Sammon looked like a hardworker and a powerhouse goalscorer when we saw him on his debut...

Wait and see how Raul measures up after a few games.

What really grinds my gears, is that if he does start to go bad, you'll be the first one to get on his back Ninos...

Conor Sammon looked like a hardworker and a powerhouse goalscorer when we saw him on his debut...

Wait and see how Raul measures up after a few games.

What really grinds my gears, is that if he does start to go bad, you'll be the first one to get on his back Ninos...

Absolutely Untrue. There's only one player that grinds my gears. One who whinges at his team mates and lolly-gags most of the game. One who can't beat a defender for pace, and who hasn't exactly been very good lately, yet i've remained quiet. Never liked him from the start, and still don't now. He's plum average.  Otherwise I've been extremely supportive of all of our players (except Wardy perhaps, who is far too fragile).

Besides, he is going to be a beast, so your point is a non-starter.

Absolutely Untrue. There's only one player that grinds my gears. One who whinges at his team mates and lolly-gags most of the game. One who can't beat a defender for pace, and who hasn't exactly been very good lately, yet i've remained quiet. Never liked him from the start, and still don't now. He's plum average.  Otherwise I've been extremely supportive of all of our players (except Wardy perhaps, who is far too fragile).

You said that about Leon Best. Now shush.

Scored a stunner yesterday, but of course you don't go so how would you know?

Keogh doesn't need to beat defenders with his pace...

:ph34r:

Cant see Bennett ever making it with us.

Needs to establish a position, and I dont think he's a winger, never looks like beating his man. Probably end up a decent lower league striker. 

Bennett absolutely skinned Ashley Cole against Chelsea in the FA Cup last year.

Give him a chance, he's still only 17 and hasn't had an enormous amount of first team opportunity, given how tight competition for places on the wings has been.

You said that about Leon Best. Now shush.

Now you're building a straw man, Tombo. Leon Best and Connor Sammon were players the whole forum loved to trounce on. I stayed out of the fray.

Now you're building a straw man, Tombo. Leon Best and Connor Sammon were players the whole forum loved to trounce on. I stayed out of the fray.

How am I building a straw man? I'm just saying that you can't tell much about a player from 45 minutes. After he's played maybe 10 games or so, then we'll talk. Best and Sammon looked quite decent at first didn't they? Until people jumped on their backs and they lost confidence. Why did they jump on their backs? Because they cost a fair chunk and there was a lot of expectation on them.

If fans like you pile expectation on Albentosa, there's a good chance he won't live up to it.

Archived