Paul Jewell bottled it after a week

condor

He got the job and then WBA asked him to take a wage reduction after a week to accomodate another member of staff, think most other people would walk out too.

How long has he been out of a job? Or is he doing some sort of punditry because I run out of money after 1 week if I stopped working.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re -23 incoming players in a calendar is far too ridiculous to succeed, yet Jewell tried it in 2008!

Wasn't he just trying to get a player for each calendar month and another player to cover for each month in case of injury or loss of form?.

Hasn't Steve got about 15 in?

He has a head like a knob

he's done ok to get pulls in tho. Why pulls would want jewell and why jewell would pack it in after a week is beyond me. Think jewell was very rich after Wigan and his 1 year with us even tho he never got a pay off from us

he's done ok to get pulls in tho. Why pulls would want jewell and why jewell would pack it in after a week is beyond me. Think jewell was very rich after Wigan and his 1 year with us even tho he never got a pay off from us

Sorry was replying to West Brom fan asking why Peace is a ******** thought was easiest answer

Sorry was replying to West Brom fan asking why Peace is a sausage thought was easiest answer

Peace has been a fantastic chairman for WBA, you only have to look at whats happened at clubs like Leeds, Portsmouth & Birmingham to realise this.

I don't think he got a pay off from us as I imagine we kept paying him for the whole 3 1/2 years he was under contact, effectively 'gardening leave'. Hence why he never joined another team for 3 years after leaving us.

I don't think he got a pay off from us as I imagine we kept paying him for the whole 3 1/2 years he was under contact, effectively 'gardening leave'. Hence why he never joined another team for 3 years after leaving us.

he did get a pay off, Pearson told me. When did he take the Ipswich job? Was it really 3 years after leaving us? He left us in December 2008

I live within spitting distance of the Hawthorns (well, three miles away). Not heard this news from Baggies fans.

Jewell's early departure has caused not so much as a ripple, let alone a tsunami.

I reckon I could have got as many points for the Rams as Pearl did and I know sausage all about football management.

Paul Jewell, I was gob smacked at the time when quite a few Derby fans thought he was a good appointment..!! I switched off almost straight away as I knew he would end up being an embarrassment to the way we played which was proved.. I suppose in hindsight Billy and PJ went and we are now under someone who really knows what he is doing..

I'm still gob smacked he actually resigned !!

Peace has been a fantastic chairman for WBA, you only have to look at whats happened at clubs like Leeds, Portsmouth & Birmingham to realise this.

Have a couple of good mates whom are Baggies fans whom regale me about their dislike of Peace at every possible opportunity.

Archived