Anyone been to Birmingham?

Day

Anyway, keep out, it's a no go area.

Someone in Birmingham warned me about that area but we stayed there for a week (cheap hotel) and were pub touring until late and didn't get in any trouble. Those Irish quarters looked perhaps a bit rough at first.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to a gig at HMV Institute (Digbeth) a few years ago and whilst queuing up there was a fight about 50 yards down the road involving someone falling / being thrown out of a pub doorway and then being kicked on the ground for a minute or so.

There were plenty of people trying to pull the kicking guy away but to little avail. Eventually the guy on the ground got up and somehow managed to climb into the back of a taxi, which the kicking bloke chased for a good 200 yards or so before turning round and going back into the pub (and somehow being allowed).

That was only about a 10 minute walk from New Street station.

When I spend a week in Birmingham, I think it was 2008 I was told not to go to one park at night time. At day time the park was full of needles.

Something lost in translation here Cisse. A park in day time Birmingham would have been full of pr!cks

The last census showed that birmingham has 56% British White population ,  the yanks are being typical yanks and over hyping this

The figures show it was 53.1%? Given it was 65.6% in 2001 that is quite a remarkable shift in 10 years to my mind. Likely on course for 30% for the next census if that trend continues. With 21 schools found to be infiltrated by Islamists in recent years I am concerned the pace of change allows whole communities to settle there without any integration into the host culture. I guess that is the idea of multi-culturalism though.

Archived