Surprised at Last 10 Games Form Guide

CaverRam

I just looked at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

I thought we'd struggled recently with Ipswich and Bournemouth stretching their unbeaten run and consecutive wins whilst we dropped points. The fact is only Ipswich have taken more points than us in the last 10 games, they have 23 to to our 22 and Bournemouth have 21. Boro only has 17 and the rest including Watford and Norwich are miles behind.

I found that a surprise and quite reassuring so just felt I would share it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at wigan, leeds and millwall. 1 point from those teams in first half of season and two of them were at home!

Disappointing, but we've all had them.

Bournemouth lost at home to Forest and Leeds, drew at home to Rotherham and Millwall.

Boro lost at home to Readng and Sheff Wed, drew with at home to Blackpool 

If we were all consistent and beat those who we should have beat we'd be looking at triple digits as a points total come the end of the season.

Though I agree in that it's frustrating that we've slipped up on occasions. I look at the Leeds United and Cardiff City game as ones where we really dropped the ball. Even Charlton away now seems a very winnable game

Disappointing, but we've all had them.

Bournemouth lost at home to Forest and Leeds, drew at home to Rotherham and Millwall.

Boro lost at home to Readng and Sheff Wed, drew with at home to Blackpool

If we were all consistent and beat those who we should have beat we'd be looking at triple digits as a points total come the end of the season.

Though I agree in that it's frustrating that we've slipped up on occasions. I look at the Leeds United and Cardiff City game as ones where we really dropped the ball. Even Charlton away now seems a very winnable game

Very true. I went to Millwall game and they looked a decent well organised side and by all accounts Wigan played well agsinst us too.

I just looked at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

I thought we'd struggled recently with Ipswich and Bournemouth stretching their unbeaten run and consecutive wins whilst we dropped points. The fact is only Ipswich have taken more points than us in the last 10 games, they have 23 to to our 22 and Bournemouth have 21. Boro only has 17 and the rest including Watford and Norwich are miles behind.

I found that a surprise and quite reassuring so just felt I would share it.

Not surprised by this. Another annoying thing about the sky commentators was then going on about our poor away form losing 3 out of last 5. But teh other way of looking at it is weve now won 3 out of last 6 away from home, and our home form has been excellent. Winning half your away games is pretty good form in my book.     

There's also a lot of comments about our dodgy defence, and before yesterday about how solid the Ipswich defence is.

The fact is we are now =3rd on goals conceded with Ipswich.

Only 'Boro and Sheffield Wed are better.

I also think we can still play a lot better than we are, whereas Ipswich and Bournemouth are, hopefully, playing at their top level.

Archived