Bournemouth Away

SellyIOM

Re 'where to drink in Bournemouth' - if you are staying overnight, there are a couple of Wetherspoons pubs near the centre, both pretty reasonable. One's called "The Moon in the Square" just up the road from the Lower Gardens (the park close to the pier) - there's also a Slug and Lettuce pub just up from there that does pretty decent grub. Last time, the meeting-place for Rams fans before the game was "Sir Percy Florence-Shelley" in Boscombe, but that got absolutely rammed. We walked past a nearly empty pub on the way to the ground, but that was home fans only.

There is a great pub called the Cellar bar, next to Chaplins. If you are in the Sir Percy Florence-Shelley turn left and walk 200 yards and it's on the left.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a great pub called the Cellar bar, next to Chaplins. If you are in the Sir Percy Florence-Shelley turn left and walk 200 yards and it's on the left.

Cheers.

Just looked at their website - looks interesting.

I am pleased to record that I will now be part of the Plastic Massive hitting Bournemouth on the 10th. My tarpaulin has been laid at Goldsands, with i marking my spot. If someone covers me with a big flag on the night I won't be happy. Thanks to a very fine forum member for their kinship. A beer to your health is being imbibed as I type, and a few more will be had on the night. COYR!

I suggest we all convene in The Olde George inn Christchurch (lunchtime) then on to the Shelly pre match, Cellar bar after the match ;)

.... And then allback to Froggs for a buffet banquet, a few more pints of Old Mort's Dirty Water (4.8abv; yeasty, with a hint of stoat) and a couple of hours sleep before we eat him out of bacon and sausages too.

Do me a favour B4 and keep schtum for a while will you. I really want to go to this game and my only chance is through general sale, unless some kind season ticket holder not going to the game wants to get a ticket for me and I will remit the funds. Happy to offer overnight accommodation to said season ticket holder for our game with Brighton early March if that makes the deal attractive. No hanky panky stuff though, unless it's True Lou, or Posh Ram at a push.

Worst case, go in home end, but register quick on their website ...your address will not be suspicious. Last season they let us move into away end ...which was allegedly sold out, but quite a lot of front row seats empty .....I chatted to guy next to me...and he had also come from the home end ......

No bother in home end ...just wanted to be near end we were attacking ...made all the better as Jamie ran right over to where I was sitting !!

Do me a favour B4 and keep schtum for a while will you. I really want to go to this game and my only chance is through general sale, unless some kind season ticket holder not going to the game wants to get a ticket for me and I will remit the funds. Happy to offer overnight accommodation to said season ticket holder for our game with Brighton early March if that makes the deal attractive. No hanky panky stuff though, unless it's True Lou, or Posh Ram at a push.

I'm going to decide tomorrow whether I'm going or not, but if I am, I'll get you a ticket. 

Archived