Tom Glick

Cisse

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did some good work to help 'network' The Rams in difficult times but IMHO was glib, smooth and sometimes duplicitous in dealing with fans.

It was all about sponsors and glad-handing and no doubt his Man City 'calling' allows him to waddle around the corporate corridors to his heart's content.

Thank heavens for Sam Rush - a man with ambition (for the club), a determination to make us what we can become again, and some UK football know-how. 

Too smooth for some if I recall, hence his nickname Tom Slick.

Wouldn't have looked out of place as an advisor to Tony Blair in his spinning heydays!

Rush is much slicker and smooth than Glick ever was, being a former agent. I've said it many times, we needed an absolute slimeball CEO who could talk his way into anything he needed to. Rush, the slimy barsteward somehow prised George Thorne from WBA for an absolute steal (when we consider that there's no way he could have forseen the injury)

Glick was too happy all the time, had a huge grin on his face even when we were staring relegation dogfights in the face. It was sickening. He had no contacts in football, you could tell. Not slimy enough.

If you're reading this Mr Rush, I say this all affectionately. Sam Rush just has a way of getting things done, by hook or by crook.

Archived