If you want proof of just how bad the MLS is....

Day

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Bulls frontman left City to join Southampton and celebrates a goal against Derby in 2006

After a spell at Plymouth, Wright-Phillips joined Charlton and is delighted here with another goal against Derby 

two pictures with him celebrating goals against us. He must be pretty good, then.  :D

I follow the MLS quite closely and its a very interesting league. The quality is increasing every year, and I think the US national team is better than ours now.

FIFA is no indication of the quality of a player, Yedlin has just been picked up by a top premier league side, there must be something there.

Bradley-Wright Phillips was one of the top scorers in League 1 (he scored 21 in 38, then 22 in 42) before he moved over there but I don't see any "proof of how bad League One is" threads

You'd be suprised regarding the quality.

I'd say the MLS is currently between Championship/League One leve

It's certainly better than the SPL.

It's more like the Indian Super League but a nicer retirement home sprinkled with League one players and the rest Conference. It's a league where Grimsby Town would get success.

It's more like the Indian Super League but a nicer retirement home sprinkled with League one players and the rest Conference. It's a league where Grimsby Town would get success.

Sprinkled with league one players?

There are full internationals that play in the MLS you know.

Sprinkled with league one players?

There are full internationals that play in the MLS you know.

Kenya, San Marino and Scotland internationals? There's a thread on here where we worked out how many of the US national team squad actually play in the MLS, wasn't many at all. Not saying there are no decent American players, just the MLS is bad, I'm not going to argue it's getting better but tbh it couldn't get any worse

The US national team players currently on MLS teams:

Clint Dempsey-Sounders

DeAndre Yedlin-Sounders

Jermaine Jones-Revolution

Michael Bradley-Toronto FC

Damarcus Beasley-Dynamo

Matt Besler-Sporting KC

Graham Zusi-Sporting KC

Omar Gonzalez-Galaxy

Wondo-SJ Quakes

It is getting better for those that watch it.But yes Daveo I do hope it changes a lot of things to get some respect.

Archived